Lakes Region Conservation Trust
The Lakes Region Conservation Trust is an independent, non-profit, member-supported organization dedicated to the permanent protection, stewardship, and respectful use of lands that define the character of the Lakes Region of New Hampshire and its quality of life. Founded in 1979, LRCT acquires and stewards land and conservation easements that encompass some of the region’s favorite natural, scenic, and recreational assets – mountains and ridgelines, islands and shorelines, forests and farmland - and help to make the Lakes Region a special place to live, work, and play in every season of the year. Additional information regarding LRCT is available on our website (
The Administrative Coordinator will perform a wide variety of administrative and program support activities at LRCT’s Center Harbor headquarters on behalf of other members of the LRCT staff, including the LRCT President and land protection, stewardship, and development staff members. The Administrative Coordinator will organize and coordinate operational and administrative functions, such as answering telephone calls, interacting with visitors and responding to visitor inquiries, ordering office materials, gathering daily mail, coordinating maintenance of office equipment and building systems, assisting with records management, assisting with events, and other tasks.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Comfortable working without daily supervision and alone in the office when other staff members are working in the field or attending meetings.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Familiarity with general computer technology, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and database systems.
- Experience in use of QuickBooks accounting software (preferred but not required).
- Experience in use of WordPress website platform (preferred but not required).
- Availability to work occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license for work-related travel within the Lakes Region.
- Work, volunteer experience, or interest in environmental, land use, or land conservation matters (preferred but not required).
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to LRCT’s land conservation mission.
- Maintain a consistent schedule of office operations by opening the office at 9:00 a.m. and closing the office at 4:00 p.m. daily (work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
- Answer the telephone and receive email messages sent to LRCT’s general email address and coordinate response to telephone and email inquiries.
- Greet and assist members of the public when they visit the office to purchase maps and merchandise, become members, or ask questions.
- Process orders for LRCT merchandise (online and in-person) and coordinate the work of volunteers who assist with merchandise orders and merchandise distribution to retail outlets.
- Travel daily to the local post office for mail pick-up and delivery; travel occasionally to a local bank to make deposits.
- Deposit checks through LRCT’s online check scanning system.
- Manage petty cash.
- Assist with records management (paper and digital), including document scanning and file review/auditing.
- Assist with review and assembly of financial records for LRCT’s bookkeeper and in connection with LRCT’s annual financial audit.
- Assist with volunteer recognition, land project, and donor/member events, including making event arrangements and sending, tracking, and managing event invitations and RSVPs.
- Order office supplies and work with outside vendors to maintain office equipment (e.g. computers, copier) and building systems (e.g., heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical) to ensure that the office is well-stocked, organized and functional.
- Attend to LRCT’s office appearance and accessibility, including coordinating outside vendors for cleaning, plowing, and grounds maintenance and coordinating staff cleanup activities as needed.
- Provide administrative support for other staff members (including President and land protection, stewardship, and development staff), particularly in connection with preparation of bi-annual appeals for operating funds and periodic capital campaigns for land conservation projects.
How to Apply:
This position is open until filled. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by mail to Lisetta Silvestri, Lakes Region Conservation Trust, PO Box 766, Center Harbor, NH 03226 or by email to
. Questions will be accepted by email.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Location/Region: Center Harbor, NH