The Controller position is a year-round, full-time exempt agreement with benefits in accordance with School Policy.
Accounting and Budgeting:
- Enforce policies, procedures, accounting standards for internal financial control.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements onschedule.
- Acts as liaison between School and CPA firm; along with coordinating and preparing work papers for the annual review.
- Gather and prepare information required for the preparation of Form 990, Form 1041 and Form 5500 tax returns.
- Attend various meetings as required.
- Review and authorize all check/EFT requests submitted. Upload ACH file to bank for CFO approval.
- Preparation of annual surveys and compliance reports, as needed
- Maintain fixed asset schedule and prepare yearly depreciation schedules.
- Reconcile gift income with Advancement Office monthly
- Cash Management - ongoing monitoring of cash balances in various bank accounts.
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable:
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable and Student Billing areas
- Assist in the annual preparation of 1099 forms.
- Record monthly campus store cash sales
- Pick up cash allowance from bank for students based on the request from the Director of Purchasing and Retail Sales as needed
- Reconcile petty cash box and prepare petty cash check
Human Resource Management/Payroll:
- Collaborate with the CFO and HR Manager as a member of the Benefits Task Force
- Participate as a member of the Retirement Investment Committee
- Approve weekly claims funding requests from third-party administrator for the self-funded Captive Health Insurance Plan
- Maintain understanding of payroll software to provide back up for payroll processing as needed
- Serve as point of contact in the CFO’s absence
- Software technology administration for business office staff including Blackbaud Merchant Services, Bid Pal, Comcash, DiamondMind, FACTS, FE NXT, Flywire, WorldPay
- Other duties as needed and assigned by the CFO including, but not limited to greeting visitors to the business office
Required Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Certified Public Accountant required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Accounting/financial experience, preferably with an academic environment.
- Excellent communications skills, with professional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of accounting software systems, data retrieval, report preparation, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and be able to cope successfully with stressful situations, schedules and deadlines.
Location/Region: New Hampton