PMC Medical Group is currently seeking full-time experienced Medical Assistants to join their busy practices In Concord, NH. If you are looking for more than just a job but a place where you can make a difference in people's lives, this job is for you!
This position is a 1st shift position with holidays and weekends off.
Job Summary: Provides clerical and clinical assistance to medical providers and acts as initial contact for patient concerns and prescription needs
• Answer phones and manage triage
• Greet and escort patients to exam rooms
• Schedule appointments as needed
• Coordinate care with hospitals, labs, pharmacies and other external medical practices
• Obtain and document patient’s vital signs, medical history and reason for visit
• Prepare the patient for necessary exam or procedure
• Collect urine and/or oral samples from patients following office protocol to include observed samples
• Notify the provider of the patient’s arrival
• Assist provider with exam as necessary
• Stock and clean exam rooms and medical areas as needed
• Follow office protocols for test procedures and patient visit documentation
• Follow medical provider instructions with accuracy and timeliness
• Maintain a professional appearance
• Maintain a courteous, considerate and respectful demeanor with management, co-workers and patients
• Resolve interpersonal conflicts that arise in a professional manner
• Maintain consistent attendance, reliability and punctuality
• Accept constructive criticism and attempt to use it to improve personal practice
Education: Associate Degree in Medical Assisting or graduation from a Medical Assisting program. Must be able to obtain Certification within 1 year outside of employment.
Experience: Entry-level considered
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Familiarity with Window based programs, typing skills, ability to operate basic office equipment, ability to obtain and record vital signs, ability to prepare prescriptions, customer service skills, time management skills, multi-tasking skills, familiar with medical terminology, basic anatomy and physiology, sterile technique, standard medical precautions, ability to handle difficult situations and work under pressure, verbal and written communication skills, ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with management and co-workers
Education: Certified Medical Assistant
Experience: One year
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Pain management knowledge preferred
PMC Medical Group enjoys a smoke-free workplace and campus. To learn more about our program, please visit www.painmd.com.