Terrafugia is a fast-paced, energetic company that is developing the world’s first practical flying car. We are currently looking for a world-class Technical English-Mandarin Translator to join our vehicle development team. Candidates should be self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
As a Key Contributor You Will
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Compile technical reports for senior leadership team members
- Translate detailed text from Mandarin to English and vice versa from a variety of materials
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated material prior to distribution
- Consult with experts in various departments to ensure content, intent, and tone are retained after translation
- Attend virtual and in-person meetings to facilitate communication
- Integrate translations into PowerPoint presentations to create bi-lingual versions
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English and Mandarin with ability to translate for both formal and informal applications
- 2-5 years of experience routinely translating written and verbal communication between English and Mandarin
- Understanding of a wide range of engineering and technical concepts related to aerospace industry
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, innovation, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. or higher degree in Engineering or another technical field from an accredited university
- In-depth knowledge of both United States and Chinese custom, culture, and protocol
- Background in technical translation or technical writing, especially in the aerospace industry
Terrafugia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Founded in 2006 to revolutionize personal transportation, Terrafugia has become the global leader of the emerging flying car industry with offices in the United States and China.