EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Mission The mission of the Library Technical Services Account Processor is to provide records to GOBI customers purchasing GOBI’s MARC record services. Materials include print, visual, audio and digital resources. To support this activity, this person creates record files, distributes them to customers, prints spine labels, creates and distributes the invoices for those services. Primary Responsibilities
- Generates and delivers files of GOBI’s Library Technical Services department.
- Processes customizations on bibliographic records and materials as designated by account.
- Works in cooperation with the Book Processing unit to print and distribute spine labels for shelf-ready books.
- Generates production paperwork used in performing daily tasks.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides input for the establishment of system policies and procedures, standards and schedules.
- Provides support and assistance to LTS Specialist, Account Support Specialist, and Cataloging units as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by Management.
- Exhibit focused attention to detail for prolonged periods.
- Possess a working knowledge of editing tools such as Microsoft Word, and preferably MARC editing programs.
- Flexibility with multi-tasking and shifting priorities throughout the workday.
- Work efficiently and keep work organized.
- Proficient in end-user computer technologies.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Works collaboratively to get the work done expediently.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, and move up to 35 lbs.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision for viewing PC/CRT monitor.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- Experience in library technical services.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented, thorough, and precise.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize to work effectively both independently and/or in a cooperative, team environment.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Willingness to collaborate as part of a team.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Eagerness to understand.
- Accountable for one’s work.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Concord Nearest Secondary Market:
Manchester Job Segment:
Product Manager, Operations, Marketing Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Contoocook, NH (US)