EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The mission of the Sales Training Manager, Books, is to plan and execute product line training on EBSCO eBooks, GOBI and Flipster for the worldwide sales force.
- Plan, organize and facilitate eBook, GOBI and Flipster training for new Sales Representatives
- Plan, organize and facilitate eBook, GOBI and Flipster training for veteran Sales Representatives
- Conduct scheduled training in Ipswich and at off-site locations, as needed
- Conduct Call Performance Improvement for Ipswich Based AEs
- Plan and organize supplemental training sessions for Sales Department via WebEx or other venues
- Conduct individual or team webinars, meetings or calls to provide one-on-one training
- Create and maintain eBook, GOBI and Flipster training course materials, including videos, Battlecards and At-A-Glance informational sheets
- Coordinate with Learning Management System team to ensure course material is valid and up-to-date
- Participate in Process Improvement initiatives, as needed
- Work with Product Managers, as needed, for training
- Work with Books Sales VP and staff during the planning and construction of training
- Coordinate with eBook and GOBI key leaders to plan and develop training
- Attend interdepartmental meetings, as needed
- Act as a training project manager for large training projects
- Produce monthly training report outlining activities completed
- Handle new projects as assigned
- Minimum of four years of sales or equivalent experience
- Basic competence in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 1 year of experience presenting in front of groups or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel 20% of time
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Sales Management, Training, Manager, Entry Level Sales, Sales, Operations, Management Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)