EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Manager – Customer Service
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating all aspects of Customer Service, leading a team of motivated service professionals, creating engaged customers, taking ownership of customer issues and facilitating the adoption and use of products and services.
GOBI Library Solutions provides print and digital content, supporting collection management and technical services to academic, research and special libraries throughout the world. GOBI Library Solutions has 300 employees with customers in 90 countries and is headquartered in Contoocook, NH, USA. GOBI is a division of EBSCO Information Services.
- Manages ~5 direct reports and ~20 employees overall. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for setting a clear Customer Service mission that supports company objectives and deploying strategies focused towards that mission.
- Provides productivity and quality feedback and coaching to the Customer Service team and shares with management team regularly.
- Communicates with departments throughout the company as well as outside the organization to overcome obstacles and assure department and company objectives are met. Establishes tools for monitoring and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Advocates for the customer in internal planning discussions. Acts as – or delegates – a business stakeholder in development efforts to contribute customer insights.
- Establishes goals and initiates special projects to continuously improve Customer Service effectiveness and the customer experience.
- Works with Operations Management, Information Systems, Sales, Product Management and others to develop and implement systems with an objective of improving quality, responsiveness, productivity and customer experience. Promotes the continuous improvement (Lean) process.
- Communicates company and department objectives, policies, programs and schedules ensuring they are well understood. Develops sound strategies to meet the needs of the business units.
- Builds rapport with customers and interacts in a collaborative manner, providing the special touch required to continuously build the business relationship. Acts as initial project manager for new customer initiatives and projects and involves team members appropriately.
- Collaborates with operational managers/supervisors and sales personnel to understand and share customer comments and Customer Service activities to ensure we are meeting or exceeding customer requirements.
- Manages/implements budgetary goals and strategies, measures and evaluates results.
- Provides guidance to and direction to all subordinates with a view toward their personal and professional development. Develops and maintains, through communications and delegation of authority, an atmosphere that encourages creativity and motivates personnel to assume greater responsibility.
- Develops and maintains sound employee relations and participates in the implementation and administration of personnel policies and procedures.
- Develops familiarity with industry trends, current topics and developments in the industry.
- Completes special projects or assignments as assigned.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years customer service supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure documents and effectively present information as well as respond to questions from customers, managers, and employees.
- Strong leadership and planning ability
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of MS Office experience, well developed analytical skills
- Experience with ERP, WMS or similar business systems.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit in front of a personal computer 6-7 hours a day, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Specific vision requirements include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Experience or knowledge of library workflows, systems and collection development needs
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a customer service environment with an international component.
- Experience with Lean and SAFe methodologies
- Experience with CRM systems
- Ability to collaborate across departments at all levels
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Drive for true continuous improvement, self-managing, and ability to implement change as needed
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance
- Coaches and develops others. Listens and supports colleagues.
- Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs
- Positive Attitude
- Eager to Understand
- Open Communication
- Good Judgment
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Team Player
- Occasional travel required
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
View EEO PDF Nearest Major Market:
Concord Nearest Secondary Market:
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)