The Home Care Aide/Caregiver performs services for the client as necessary to maintain the personal comfort and safety of the client. Care activities are outlined in a written Plan of Care established by the Quality Care Supervisor.
The Home Care Aide/Caregiver reports directly to the Office Manager.
NOTE: This Home Care Aide/Caregiver position is focused to provide services to clients in the Burlington, Woburn, Reading, Wilmington and Winchester communities. Benefits* Competitive Pay
* Online Training * Wellness Card
* Employment Referral Bonus * Emergency Shift Bonus
* Life Insurance * Paid Time Off
Responsibilities* Understand and adhere to information and precautions contained in individual client’s plan of care. Report any changes and updated that need to be made.
* Assist the client with personal care activities including: bathing, skin care, hair care, dressing and undressing, feeding, oral hygiene, shaving (electric only) grooming and bedtime care.
* Assist the client with client’s self-administration of medications/medication reminders.
* Engage in respectful social interaction with client, including friendly conversation and empathic support, as well as, respecting client’s privacy and property
* Assist with meal planning, meal preparation and if required purchasing of food
* Provide assistance with laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and bed linens, cleaning of floors, refrigerator and stove.
* Assist the client to the bathroom or in use of urinal or bedpan. Keep incontinent clients clean and dry
* Assist the client with personal communication skills, as needed.
* Prepare appropriate documentations of the client care or service(s) furnished
* Report all client and employee incidents/accidents to supervisor immediately
* Assist the client with exercise, ambulation and transfer activities. Be aware of proper body mechanics
* Ensure maintenance of a clean, safe, comfortable and healthy environment for the client.
* Observe safety precautions, including: wiping up wet floors, spills, and other falling hazards immediately. Also report safety hazards, frayed electrical cords, unsecured handrails, malfunctioning smoke and carbon monoxide detectors/alarms, defective equipment or environmental hazards to supervisor on the same day of observation.
* Respond and attend to client’s requests promptly
* Observe boundaries – all changes and communication should go through the office not direct between caregiver and client – caregivers number should never be given out to family.
* Exhibit positive attitude and behavior and demonstrate respect for employees and clients and maintain absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients, clients’ families and employees.
* Communicate effectively with all members of the team
* Maintain proper hand washing techniques
* Observe and report any changes in client condition or behavior to supervisor immediately
* Accept and fulfill assignments with the Agency; exercise judgment in accepting assignments
* Understand the importance of seeking assistance, as needed, from your supervisor and/or others; demonstrate capability and dependability in following instructions.
* Perform related duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the management team.
* Understand that regular, consistent attendance is necessary to serve clients.
* Participate in required in-service training programs to meet regulatory requirements
* Understand and adhere to established Visiting Angels policies and procedures
Qualifications* Must be eighteen (18) years of age
* Must be able to pass a CORI check * Must have a valid Mass license
* Must have your own reliable transportation and be able to take clients to doctor appointments and errands as needed.
* Provide valid Mass car insurance and have your own car
* Demonstrate sympathetic attitude toward caring for others
* Previous experience in home care preferred either private or facility.
* Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically orally and in writing.
* Obtain or provide active TB test or chest X-ray
* Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet the clients’ needs and possess a cooperative attitude in providing services including a minimum of two (2) holidays per year and a minimum of one (1) weekend a month.
* Must have a working phone for communication
* Must provide a working email * Communicate with Quality Care supervisor any changes in client’s condition.
* Communicate with scheduling availability and time off needs following company policy.
* Communicate and respond to company communications within a reasonable time period.
* Adhere to clock in/clock out procedure
* Scrubs are expected for all shifts unless otherwise discussed.
* No open toe shoes * ID badge is to be worn to all client visits
* Must be able to life at least 25 lbs.
* Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met
* Must be able to read, write and speak English in order to follow instruction and legibly document care
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Woburn, MA (01801)