Job Title: Full-time Asset Protection Coordinator
Department: District General Office
THIS POSITION WILL COVER NASHUA, HUDSON AND LOWELL, MA
An Asset Protection Coordinator is primarily responsible for preventing and deterring theft and limiting the loss of company assets/product in the store (s) to which they are assigned through best in class service, healthy business partnerships, profit analysis and investigations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Asset Protection Department in shrink reduction activity, including, but not limited to internal & external theft, exception based reporting and other audit functions assigned by the Regional Manager of Asset Protection.
• Develop knowledge of criminal justice system and the laws pertaining to private security practices.
• Maintain working relationships with local police and court systems.
• Complete and maintain accurate and appropriate reports and files.
• Must maintain company and location averages as it pertains to shoplifting apprehensions and deters.
• Detect, apprehend and/or deter shoplifters following established company guidelines and legal statutes of the states we operate in.
• Make court appearances when necessary as a result of prosecution.
• Be proficient in Closed Circuit TV and other asset protection technologies and programs.
• Maintain extreme confidentiality of all related information and investigations.
• Assist Regional Asset Protection Manager in training new Asset Protection Coordinators.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• New York State: Must have current New York State Security License or be able to obtain one (this will include successfully passing a required background check). Assistance in obtaining license provided. Maintain current security license throughout employment and provide documentation as needed to verify current status.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability and willingness to learn the technical requirements of the job.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work independently and make quick, sound decisions.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Have the ability to travel as required.
• Must meet minimum age requirements and pass a criminal background check.
• Asset Protection Coordinators will work five, eight and a half-hour shifts and are allowed one weekend (Saturday and Sunday) off a month.
• Must work at least one Sunday per month.
• Must work two nights per week until at least 9:00PM. One of the nights needs to be a Thursday, Friday or Saturday; these nights will rotate every week.
• Needs to adhere to established retail guidelines as it pertains to breaks, meals, time off and vacation requests. The Regional Asset Protection Manager has the right to modify or complete your schedule at any time.
• Must have sufficient visual acuity and audio capability to observe specific detail, such as selection of product and concealment, either via Closed Circuit TV or in person.
• Must have the mobility to respond quickly to front of store to apprehend shoplifters.
• Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position.
Apply On-line Apply On-line
Location/Region: Nashua, NH