Description: Enhances attorney effectiveness by providing office services and implementing administrative systems, procedures and policies. Supports attorney’s trial proceedings and tracking cases, organizes practice group meetings, structures agendas and monitors administrative projects. Candidates should possess the intellectual curiosity to understand the practice and anticipate support needs and maintain confidentiality.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed and accepting ownership of new and different requests.
- Completes administrative projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Keeps cases and matters organized by establishing and organizing files, monitoring calendars, meeting deadlines and documenting actions.
- Supports case preparation by organizing and monitoring materials for trial, mediation and discovery responses; assists with scheduling and trial prep; assists with organization of trial materials for team case review.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Maintains administrative workflow by studying methods, implementing cost reductions and developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices and evaluating personnel and technological requirements.
- Resolves administrative problems by analyzing information and identifying and communicating solutions; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains rapport with customers, managers, and employees by arranging continued contracts, researching and developing new services and methods; setting priorities and resolving problem situations.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continued needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5 years of experience working in a legal administrative or executive assistant position.
- Advanced working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Federal e-filing system (PACER) and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, multitask and work under pressure.
- High level of professionalism, discretion, dependability, initiative, adaptability, and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain professional confidentiality in all matters.
- Excellent organization skills, technology savvy.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects concurrently.