Antenna Engineer (RF)
Cobham is actively seeking a highly motivated RF/Microwave Antenna Design Engineer to join our engineering development team. In this dynamic environment you will participate in designing, developing and testing sophisticated RF/Microwave Antennas and RF feeds used in a wide variety of Aerospace and Defense applications, providing protection to our warfighters. The successful candidate will have a solid theoretical background in RF/Microwave theory and will also have the creative thinking skills to bring a product from concept to field use.
- Design and modeling of RF/Microwave Antennas and elements from 30 MHz to 50 GHz, for a variety of applications utilizing computer design tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST, GRASP, WIPL, MATLAB and KnowBell
- Work with senior engineers and advisors to support our flat plate array products and development
- Analysis and test of RF/Microwave Antennas, hybrids, feed structures, filters and elements for a variety of applications
- Documentation of design elements
- Set up and operational Testing and evaluation of engineering hardware in a laboratory environment
- Part Time Travel (less than 25%) expected to support across sites for production support, as well as customer meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Two (2) + years of experience in RF/Microwave Antenna design
- Two (2)+ years’ experience with RF measurements including VSWR, Insertion Loss, Phase, Coupling, Pattern and Gain measurements, Radar Cross Section, etc.
- One (1)+ years’ experience operating PC using standard applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, etc.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
- Use of design and analyses software, (multiple tools) such as:
- Design and analyses of Flat Plate Waveguide Array antenna
- Design and specification of components for Reflector Antennas
- Diplexer/Triplexer (high pass/low pass/band pass, stripline) filter design experience
- GPS Experience a plus
- Broadband COMM Blade, annual slot, Microstrip Patch, etc. design and realization
- 3D-CAD experience
- Materials and bonding experience
- Military documentation configuration and control general knowledge
- Knowledge of RF system considerations such as path loss calculation, cascade noise figure, and intercept point
- Good analytical and test skills
- Good writing and interpersonal skills.
- Multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written format.
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Location/Region: Exeter, NH (US)