The Test Technician performs the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies. The Test Technician determines and may develop test specifications, methods, and procedures from blueprints, drawings, and diagrams. This position may complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing.
- Testing and tuning of low pass, band pass, and diplexed waveguide filters and assemblies in X and Ku band.
- Filters, tests, and tunes other waveguide and coaxial components including transitions, couplers, bends, pressure widows, circulators, switches, and low noise amplifiers.
- Some manual assembly operations are required as part of the test function to include using various conductive and non-conductive epoxies to install loads, tuning element’s, and end caps.
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Must have 2 years of experience in wave guide filters
- A basic understanding of microwave principles, filters, passive components, DC circuits and amplifier operation.
- A solid understanding of microwave vector network analyzers, calibration, and measurement techniques.
- Must be able to work under a microscope when necessary.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Familiarity with power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, power meters, and spectrum analyzers.
- Must be able to prove US Citizenship
- Soldering certification J-STD-001 is a plus.
- Four (4) years of related experience.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
All applicants will be reviewed for Cobham’s Interview Day on January 4, 2018. Once we receive your resume and qualification information, a member of our team will reach out to confirm eligibility and provide you with information necessary to be permitted onto Cobham’s secured location.
Location/Region: Exeter, NH