The Demand Manager will facilitate forecasting and demand planning process, act as a focal point to improve forecast accuracy, and assist in leveraging improvements in supply chain efficiency. The Demand Manager output will serve as the Supply input, managed by the Master Scheduler.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Intermediary between product lines or value streams and operations.
• Responsible for master data required to perform forecasting (e.g. modified history).
• Consolidate sales and other demand data.
• Collects and builds monthly demand forecast.
• Responsible for making sure that all sales area managers and account managers enrich the forecast in a timely manner.
• Ensures forecast is based on latest information on an on-going basis.
• Identify gaps between supply budget and unconstrained demand plan.
• Prepares data and reports for the monthly SIOP Demand Review meeting.
• Collaborates with operations to resolve potential gaps between the demand and supply plans.
• Provide feedback to management on forecast accuracy.
• Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field desired.
• Possess excellent knowledge of statistical forecasting & tools.
• Possess knowledge in business and product.
• Possess knowledge of sales behavior in the markets for the product family represented.
• Possess good communication skills to deal with many different people, e.g. sales area managers, key account managers, and operations.
• Possess mediation skills.
• Change oriented.
• Possess a pro-active personality.
• Highly adaptive in styles ranging from influencing to assertiveness.
• System knowledge (Visual, SFDC) preferred.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
All applicants will be reviewed for Cobham’s Interview Day on January 4, 2018. Once we receive your resume and qualification information, a member of our team will reach out to confirm eligibility and provide you with information necessary to be permitted onto Cobham’s secured location.