EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The mission of the Agile Development Manager - BI is to lead, mentor, guide, coach, advocate and direct two agile development teams focused on turning EIS big data into meaningful and actionable intelligence for both internal and external stakeholders.
This role requires a leader who has experience in delivering BI solutions on an enterprise scale, promotes best practice engineering, versed in lean/agile philosophy, ability to guide developers towards modern software engineering approaches including CI/CD, TDD and Microservice constructs, while staying within the boundaries of a servant leader.
- As a servant leader, manage two BI teams focused on processing and visualizing big data
- Work directly with scrum masters, product owners and business representatives to provide scalable solutions from inception to operation
- Develop strong understanding of EIS data, workflow, technology and BI’s short and longer term goals
- Establish and maintian a customer focused culture
- Attract, recruit, retain, and develop top engineering talent
- Review the performance of individual team members and provide effective coaching for improvement
- Foster a growth mind-set in all employees
- Enable software craftsmanship and innovation
- Advocate for the teams and promote their successes, celebrate their failures, and share key learning throughout the organization.
- Lead accountability, autonomy, and empowerment and manage the appropriate boundaries to achieve the result of having self-directed work teams
- Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and SAFe framework in all interactions and equip the team to do the same.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading software development teams with a high degree of familiarity with Agile/SAFe software development framework
- Technical familiarity with data warehousing, database solutions, ETL, ELT, specific AWS experience a plus
- Outstanding logical/structured analytical ability to effectively understand and decompose product requirements into detailed stories/specifications
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, responsible, strong collaboration skills, ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to solve complex technical challenges
- Do things the right way the first time
EIS Cultural Competencies:
- Drive, Positive Attitude, Eagerness to Understand, Sound Judgement, Collaboration, Open Communication, Accountability, Trust & Respect
- 3+ yrs management of Business Intelligence development/support teams
- 3+ yrs demonstrated experience in recruiting, building and retaining top talent teams of size 10 or more
- 3+ yrs experience with big data approaches and solutions
- 3+ yrs support of internal business partners and stakeholders
- 5+ yrs working on software development teams
- Bachelor’s Degree - Computer Science, Information Technology or Software Engineering
- Amazon Web Services
- Visualization tools - preferably Tableau
- Java or C# software development
- Logging/Monitoring/Alerting/Analytics – SumoLogic, Datadog, Ops Genie ...
- OS Linux Preferred, Windows
- Databases, Redshift, Aurora, SQL, PostgreSQL
- CI/CD using (e.g.) Jenkins, GitHub
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Automated Unit Testing
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Developer, Business Intelligence, Engineer, Computer Science, Manager, Technology, Engineering, Management Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)