EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Facilities Crewman - HVAC
Maintain all HVAC equipment including preventative maintenance and repairs. Service kitchen assets, including walk-in coolers, refrigerators, freezers, ice machines, and grease traps. Complete basic plumbing and electrical repairs. Provide general building and grounds maintenance. Assist with furniture moves, office and cubicle setups and fulfill general customer requests.
- Duties include preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment including changing filters and belts.
- Repair of all mechanical systems.
- Maintaining repairs to interior and exterior of all buildings.
- Repairing basic plumbing and basic electrical needs.
- Servicing of all flood pumps.
- Preventive maintenance on mechanical overhead doors.
- Assistance with furniture moves, office and cubicle setups.
- General maintenance of building and grounds.
- Honest/integrity: Does not cut corners; earns trust and maintains confidences. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organization and Planning: Effectively manage and schedule projects.
- High Standards: Enforces highest safety and service standards to ensure the EIS Ipswich facilities are comfortable, clean and safe for all employees.
- Attention to Detail: Does not tolerate short-cuts, insists every job and project is done right the first time, maintaining pride in completed work.
- Pro-activity: Acts upon general facilities related matters without being told, and proactively recommends continuous improvement changes and material repair needs to management.
- Creativity/Innovation: Able to figure out solutions to problems creatively and innovatively.
- Teamwork: Able to work collaboratively with the existing team members to achieve the highest quality results.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to take on multiple tasks/projects, work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, adapt and adhere to workflow changes with a pleasant, service-oriented ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Calm Under Pressure: Remains calm and welcomes challenges associated with unexpected events/repairs.
- Work Ethic: Possesses strong willingness to work hard and put in long hours whenever needed to get the job done right and in a timely manner, and whenever emergencies arise that could negatively affect business continuity.
- Accountability: Takes ownership and responsibility on any given facility issue seeing it through to completion.
- Listening Skills: Lets other speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to criticism and ideas: Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- Must have 5 years HVAC repair experience, an EPA Universal certification and a Mass Refrigeration license.
- At least one year experience with Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Must have the physical strength and dexterity needed to perform maintenance and custodial duties.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 65 lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to walk / stand for a majority of the shift.
- Experience with Johnson Controls or other like systems
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO’s Talent Acquisition Team.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Facilities, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Recruiting, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, Human Resources Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)