EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Training Specialist – Spain & Portugal
The Training Specialist’s primary function is to independently execute the regional training plan, developing and delivering customer training regarding EBSCO Information Services products, services, and enhancements. This includes the creation and maintenance of training outlines and presentations, as well as delivery of online training for customers. The Training Specialist must be able to travel 60% of the time, must be an expert in EIS products and services, and must remain abreast of product changes in order to share updates with customers.
- Work with Senior Sales Managers to develop a regional training plan.
- Arrange and deliver product training for customers within an assigned geographic territory.
- Research and customize training presentations & materials as necessary for various customer sites.
- Arrange personal travel schedules within EBSCO travel & expense guidelines.
- Conduct online customer trainings regarding EIS products and services.
- Respond to all incoming training requests from inside and field sales representatives, from Customer Success and Customer Satisfaction employees, as well as from direct customer requests.
- Track and report on all training activities, providing monthly metrics regarding frequency and quality of training.
- Maintain detailed product knowledge, including understanding of future enhancements.
- Assist in the creation of customer success documents designed to improve the experience and success of the customer such as lesson plans and train-the-trainer outlines.
- Advocate on behalf of customers, providing suggestions and feedback regarding product enhancements and improvements in order to improve product quality.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- 2+ years of training delivery experience
- Ability to speak and write Spanish and Portuguese fluently (fluent English a plus).
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to present to an audience.
- Ability to stand and present up to 5 hours per day.
- Must be located in Spain or Portugal.
- Ability to travel to customer sites across Spain and Portugal in the territory including driving and flying.
- Refined oral presentation skills
- Understanding of instructional and evaluation methods
- Technology acumen – able to quickly learn & apply technology skills for manipulating online training
- Ability to operate a personal computer up to 8 hours a day.
EBSCO Information Services is a company headquartered in the United States and the personal information collected on its websites may be sent to, stored or processed in the United States, or to any other country in which EBSCO Information Services or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. While EBSCO Information Services is committed to providing your voluntarily disclosed employment application information with a reasonable level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. By using the EBSCO Information Services website and/or providing EBSCO Information Services with personal identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer and the collection and processing of such information in the United States. Job Segment:
Training, Field Sales, Operations, Sales, Bilingual Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)