EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Authentication / Authorization Leader plays a pivotal role in the creation, implementation and continuous development of an Authentication/Authorization platform strategy that involves the re-platforming and transformation from a proprietary, 3-tiered system to a cloud based platform, using, AWS. We are looking for collaborative leader who enjoys working in a fast-paced, agile team environment, likes to be challenged and values the opportunity to make a difference. A key member of the newly created platform Leadership team, the Authentication/ Authorization Leader will partner with key stakeholders to develop an enterprise wide, secure Authentication / Authorization platform for strong Authentication / Authorization, cloud security, and physical and logical access. This entails assessing Authentication / Authorization security risks and vulnerabilities over a broad range of access points in the existing structure, identifying Authentication / Authorization requirements for different types of users and determining a platform approach that provides flexibility to meet current and new requirements as they evolve. Further, the Authentication / Authorization Leader is responsible for creating the vision on user authorization by content and by application. The Authentication / Authorization Leader possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big picture vision, and the drive to make vision a reality.
• Serves as the company’s capabilities and solution expert in Authentication/Authorization
• Builds an effective platform Leadership Team, modeling Lean-Agile values that support the SAFe process across the organization
• Collaborates with customers, key stakeholders, and Product/UX partners to conduct customer and stakeholder discovery to define the Authentication/Authorization platform vision, strategy and the creation of an Authentication/Authorization roadmap, identifying key milestones and transition plan over the course of 36 months
• Works in close partnership with Technology teams and other partners to plan, prioritize, develop and deliver Authentication/Authorization capabilities and solutions for on Premises and AWS platforms
• Works with key stakeholders in Sales, Customer Satisfaction, Product Management to determine the kinds of functionality they need EIS to expose
• Develops hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
• Manages the entire product lifecycle from concept to end of life including strategic planning to tactical activities
• Specifies market requirements for current and future capabilities by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
• Drives a solution set across development teams (primarily product development and product marketing) through market requirements, product commercialization and positioning
• Develops and implement company-side go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
• Creates general capability descriptions for the Authentication/Authorization transition from current database to AWS
• Demonstrates knowledge of the technology stack to create new solutions and capabilities
• Works with key stakeholders in the creation of Epics that reflect technical understanding of Admin services as the relate to industry trends
Role Based Competencies:
• Leadership: Takes ownership of the design, management and implementation of EIS’s Admin platform strategy and roadmap and provides the necessary information, direction and feedback to collaborating individuals and teams throughout the process to ensure the expected outcomes are achieved. • Proactivity/Bias for Action: Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company. Leads with a results-oriented mindset to meet deadlines. • Attitude/Approach: Possesses a collaborative, non-threatening, and positive disposition. Willing to change course quickly to gain a desired result. Exhibits flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed. Is not easily discouraged. Strives to exceed expectations and “over deliver” on commitments and deliverables. • Team-Oriented: Understands that input from different parts of the business is critical to hear and synthesize. Able to listen, build trust/consensus (across sometimes disparate teams), and then act. • Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project. • Continuous Improvement: Continually focused on improving processes to do more with existing resources to enable team to be more effective through improved efficiency. • Moves others to action—Translates the vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to take actions that support the vision and values. • Requirements Analysis: Gathers, organizes and evaluates any information or data needed as input from stakeholders and development team to determine requirements and specifications. • Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information. • Honesty/integrity: Does what is right even when no one is watching. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Always behaves in a manner of the highest ethical standards.
1. Drive: Cares intensely about EBSCO’s success, is tenacious and will not be denied success, finishes and persists until the task is complete, gives 100%, inspires others with thirst for excellence. 2. Positive Attitude: Displays a ‘can do’ attitude, sees ‘bad news’ and problems as opportunities to improve, doesn’t tolerate negativity, doesn’t complain but provides constructive criticism, sees the glass ‘hall full.’ 3. Eagerness to Understand: Learns rapidly and eagerly, seeks to understand our strategy, markets, customers and suppliers, is broadly knowledgeable about business and strategy, contributes effectively outside of specialty, contributes effectively outside area of specialty, understands how work relates to company goals to make improvements consistent with these goals, follows facts and draws logical conclusions even if those conclusions differ from the status quo. 4. Sound Judgement: Makes wise decisions despite ambiguity, identifies root causes and gets beyond treating symptoms, separates what must be done well now and what can be improved later, displays solid logic and common sense, focuses on long-term consequences and not just the short-term 5. Collaboration: Collaborates with others to help maximize work accomplished by the group, embraces individual’s different styles and finds time to help colleagues, realizes that seeking and listening to the opinion of others gains insight and builds team accountability, shares information broadly so that everyone benefits, seeks the best ideas for EBSCO regardless of their source and understands that ego is a career killer. 6. Open Communication: Communicates directly with fact-based positions while avoiding unnecessary confrontation, willing to tell people what they need to hear in a respectful way, is concise and articulate in speech and writing, treats people with respect independent of their status or views, says what you think in a professional manner, listens well to better understand. 7. Accountability: Self motivating, self-aware, self-disciplined and self-improving, proactively does what needs to be done, acknowledges problems, takes responsibility, determines what can be done to solve the problem, acts and demonstrates the ‘See It, Own It, Solve It and Do It’ characteristics described in The Oz Principle. 8. Trust & Respect: Assumes the best in people and their intent to do the right thing, communicates professionally always, treats others as though they like to be treated, experiments, takes initiative and learns from mistakes, doesn’t look to blame individuals, but rather seeks fault in the systems and processes that allow problems to occur and fixes them, gives credit to those deserving of it.
• BA or BS in Business, Science or related field
• 6+ years product and technical management experience
• 4+ years relevant technology experience
• 2+ years’ working experience in Agile methodology enterprise agile, LESS, DA(D) or SAFe
• Master’s degree in Business, Science or related field
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Outside Sales, Market Research, Database, Product Manager, Product Marketing, Sales, Marketing, Technology, Operations Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)