Maintain a high quality level of machined parts by remove sharp edges, remove excess braze material from brazed assemblies, polish surfaces to finish requirements and clean parts before moving onto the next operation.
• Removes burrs and sharp edges from various metal and non-metal machined parts using proper deburring techniques consistent with standard processes and drawings using magnifying glass or microscope.
• Eliminates chips and debris from machined parts utilizing files, sandpaper, sand blast and/or hydro-hone equipment.
• Cleans parts using parts washer, degreaser and cleaning fluid as necessary.
• Performs detailed visual inspections of features and surface defects for conformance with drawings.
• May perform minor assembly activities such as installing helical coils, dowel pins and other similar items in accordance with printed specifications.
• Detail oriented with a high level of manual dexterity.
• Be able to visually determine sharp edges, burrs and imperfections, using magnification equipment.
• Capable of active levels of loading parts washer and delivering parts to the next operation.
• Must be able to prove US Citizenship
• Past experience in a machining environment, understanding detailing requirements.
• Knowledge of the type of files, abrasives, sandpaper, etc., needed for the application.
• Understanding of mechanical drawings, tolerances and finishes.
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Location/Region: Exeter, NH (US)