EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The eBook Specialist will use a blend of business, analytical, and interpersonal skills to manage a portfolio of high priority publishers, aggregators, and distributors. The eBook Specialist will onboard new publishers, acquire missing content, and establish, maintain, and improve content feeds for quality, consistency, and accuracy.
Through problem solving and influencing others at all levels of the organization, this person will be responsible for publisher data communications via email, phone, or face-to-face. In addition, the Specialist will work to resolve and prevent customer service issues, contribute to business process improvement initiatives, and support the production teams when problematic data or delivery issues must be escalated.
The ideal candidate will have book acquisition, sales, customer service, or production experience in the STM, medical, academic, or library markets. This position is a real opportunity for a self-motivated individual with a strong passion for today’s evolving publishing technology industry.
- Establish and foster publisher relationships, working to improve content delivery speed, consistency, and formats, and to strengthen publisher partnerships overall.
- Act as central hub for all internal discussions regarding assigned publishers across the full business engagement, i.e., interacting with Sales, Product Management, Content Licensing, and Customer Satisfaction, as necessary.
- Work closely with the Content Licensing team to support data-related inquiries and facilitate the onboarding process for newly licensed publishers.
- Resolve problems with existing feeds, working closely with publisher contacts, business stakeholders, and internal production teams to quickly and efficiently resolve issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the assigned publishers’ content data and delivery challenges to support internal production teams and the department at large.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience in a rapidly changing business environment
- 1+ years experience in a publishing, content management, or digital content environment
- 1+ years of experience working with external partners and/or managing strategic relationships
- 2+ years experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 1+ years of experience working independently with minimal supervision to drive projects to completion on time
- 1+ years experience with Lean thinking/KANBAN
- Familiarity with relational databases and/or Microsoft Access
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to both technical and business audiences
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills with technical aptitude
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to navigate competing demands and expectations with diplomacy and skill
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including service, confidentiality, and negotiation
- Some familiarity with XML standards and/or large, complex databases preferred
- Experience working in environments that involve highly complex technological systems and workflows
- 1+ year of experience with a variety of tools for analyzing, summarizing, and reporting on bibliographic data
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO’s Talent Acquisition Team.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Developer, Outside Sales, XML, Product Manager, Recruiting, Technology, Sales, Operations, Human Resources Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)