EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Lead the development life cycle for medical products, collaborating with engineering and product managers on key decisions to ensure consistency & scalability across medical platforms & user interfaces. The current platform encompasses many distinct web and mobile user interfaces, their administrative and reporting tools, and a growing set of APIs. Stay current with industry and competitive trends to inform platform decisions. Work with Medical Agile Release Train teams to deliver working software based on features prioritized by the Medical Program Team.
- Preparation and participation in release planning acting as a team Product Owner
- Own the team backlog
- Contribute to program vision and roadmap
- Key stakeholder in story definition assisting the team with clarification, estimates, story sequencing and team objectives for program increments
- Sprint execution
- Backlog refinement – Build, Refine, and maintain the team backlog with input from the key stakeholders
- Iteration Planning – Review and prioritize the backlog for iteration planning including coordination of dependencies with other related product owners
- Be the prime source for user story detail and priorities
- Responsibility for the final iteration plan
- Just in time story elaboration – Keep the process flowing
- Supporting ATDD
- Participate in development of story acceptance criteria
- Drafts stories when feasible
- Provide examples
- Accepting stories into baseline
- Validate that stories meet acceptance criteria and completeness
- Validates fitness for use
- Be the only person that accepts stories into the baseline
- Participation in team demo and retrospective
- As a key member of the team and the key person responsible for requirements be the key member in driving and developing the team demo
- Be a key member in the team retrospective helping drive improvements across the team
- Inspect and adapt – address the team impediments in the inspect and adapt workshop by working across teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the quality and velocity of the team
- Manage communications and relationships with diverse stakeholders, ranging from Product Managers, Project Managers, developers, designers, QA engineers, architects, requirements analysts, customer satisfaction staff
- Work with Customer satisfaction to make sure their needs are met in the design process, training and rollout.
- Guide medical market product priorities, including new features and bug fixes. Work closely with product managers to align with platform roadmaps and product strategy. Provides feedback on Medical Long Range Plan and Medical Epics
- Lead scope decisions and requirements definition with ART teams, Program team, and Shared Services teams
- Perform ongoing assessment of customer usage statistics to drive navigation and/or feature enhancements. Engage and support Information Architects in the development of user scenarios, page flow, navigation, content hierarchies, feature organization, site nomenclature, and wire framing from a UX Platform perspective.
- Take a leadership role during the development life cycle, collaborating with engineering and product managers on key platform decisions to ensure the product meets the market and business needs.
- Work with Director of Technical Product Management to ensure execution and success for medical market epics that cut across all product lines: search, mobile, EMR, content buildout, usage/reporting, access, and continuing education.
• 3+ years of Technical Product Manager and/or Product Owner experience
• 5+ years software development experience
• Ability to define and document product requirements
• Demonstrated success in a matrixed, fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated excellence at prioritizing projects
• Ability to delve into and document highly technical discussions around technology, dataflow and workflow situations.
• Experience and/or education in the library field a plus
• Computer Science Degree
• SAFe experience
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Marketing, Engineering Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)