EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Provide operational support for the selection, speculative ordering, and fulfillment of front-list books promoted via the GOBI Approval Plan service.
1. Load electronic files from publishers and convert to an accepted format for Buyers to use for selection and ordering.
2. Add LC, series ID and other critical data missing from the publisher files to the Buyer template.
3. Vet ebooks in the eBook Workflow. Take required action to release ebooks for profiling.
4. Vet the Allocated Cart (print books received before speculative orders have been placed). Take required action to release books for profiling.
5. Create/Modify title records in the Title Database.
6. Create purchase orders for forthcoming titles in the purchasing system.
7. Discover, select, and order books from assigned publishers/distributors.
8. Follow up with suppliers on aged open purchase orders.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Concord Nearest Secondary Market:
Manchester Job Segment:
Database, Buyer, Technology, Operations Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Contoocook, NH (US)