EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Academic Product Manager will manage and grow the revenue and profitability of key product portfolios, develop and champion new products and product line extensions, and contribute to the refining of the Academic Roadmap backlog. S/he will identify opportunities for new products and services in the Academic market by engaging with internal stakeholders and customers. The Academic Product Manager will also serve as Team Lead for the Academic team’s integration with the EIS SAFe framework for delivering value to our customers. The Academic Product Manager is an individual with strong business and analytical skills and a bias for action who thrives in a highly versatile position.
- Oversee key product lines in the Academic portfolio
- Communicate with ART and Database Pipeline Program teams to ensure product Features and User Stories meet acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and CustSat to ensure product success
- Contribute to the Academic Long Range Plan, including updating product line backlog and competitive analyses
- Identify new areas of opportunity for growth in the rapidly evolving market in higher education. This includes working to get feedback from the market (customers and end-users) to identify key areas of market need.
- Lead the effort to align Academic team into SAFe workflow principles and cadence, including the organization and ownership of the team Kanban
- Serve in SAFe ART roles as needed and appropriate (Epic Owner, Product Manager, Product Owner). Develop Epic Value Statements, Business Cases and writes User Stories as needed.
- Collaborate with key business partners.
- Communicate effectively up and down the organization and advocates in a fact-based manner for key priorities.
- Thinks both strategically and tactically to advance company goals for Academic products
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years experience in Product Management, Product Development or related field
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- MBA or other advanced business degree
- Experience working with library information products/services
- Experience with Agile and SAFe
- Detailed oriented, organized, creative thinker, problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Product Manager, Manager, Marketing Manager, Database, Marketing, Operations, Management, Technology Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)