EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
At EBSCO Information Services we’re helping to build a vibrant ecosystem to advance research, teaching and learning with our data intensive technology services. We are looking for a product manager with outstanding business acumen along with an ability to undertand highly detailed, data-oriented product and market landscapes. This PM will collaborate with our deep bench of industry experts to help package and position our portfolio of Resource Management & Access (RM&A) products to have maximum impact for the libraries we serve worldwide.
This position requires a results oriented individual with a powerful blend of analytical and creative problem solving skills to work in close collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Customer Satisfaction and Product Management colleagues. A successful candidate will demonstrate a keen market sensibility, able to identify and exploit emerging needs to create sustainable business models.
Collaborate with internal industry and product experts to package existing highly detailed core capabilities into intuitive, highly compelling, easily communicated value propositions. Ensure that the RM&A products satisfy existing customers, have meaningful competitive differentiation, and support the broad product portolios. Develop the RM&A Long Range Plan to articulate a strategy for monetization of the product line. Maintain Product Roadmaps that meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Self motivated, detail oriented, responsible and timely team player with outstanding written, verbal, presentation and collaboration skills
- Outstanding logical/structured analytical ability to effectively understand and decompose business needs, goals and objectives into tangible requirements, solutions and alternatives
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels of the business on a variety of topics, both functional and technical with poise and professionalism
- Experience working with stakeholders from all parts of the business, including marketing, sales, support and engineering working iteratively to accomplish shared goals and objectives
CULTURAL COMPETENCIES – EBSCO CORE VALUES
- Commit to Sustained Profit Growth
- Have a Defined Vision and Operate with a Bias for Action
- Be Customer Focused and Sales Driven
- Understand that Change is Necessary
- Recognize that you can’t manage what you can’t measure
- Foster Creativity and Continuous Improvement
- Insist on Quality
- Do What You Say You Will Do
- Cultivate Passion
- Realize that Business is a Long-Run Game
- Improve the Foundation
- Be Humble
- MS/BS or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a business, technology and markets
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a product manager or equivalent
- Apply sound product management practices to conduct competitive analysis, create differentiated positioning, and champion go-to-market planning, and support sales enablement
- Conduct market research, both formal and informal, quantitative and qualitative to ensure a solid understanding of markets backed by data
- Develop business case analyses to justify incremental investments and ensure profitability
- Ensure ongoing stakeholder alignment across all departments and through all levels in the organization
- Work closely with product management colleagues, Marketing, Sales and Customer Satisfaction to prepare go-to-market plans for new features and functionality
- Collaborate on initiatives to explore new market opportunities
- Support Sales and Marketing by participating in customer meetings and delivering conference presentations
- Respond to feedback and industry trends from customers, prospects, competitors and analysts
- Develop positive rapport and strong credibility with customers and partners in and from a variety of cultures around the world.
- Travel to conferences, EBSCO offices, and customers as needed or directed. Position requires 10-15% travel.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Manager, Marketing Manager, Engineer, Product Manager, Management, Marketing, Engineering, Operations Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)