EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
GOBI Library Solutions provides print and digital content, supporting collection management and technical services to academic, research and special libraries throughout the world. GOBI has 300 employees with customers in 63 countries and is headquartered in Contoocook, NH, USA. GOBI is a division of EBSCO Information Services.
First Shift Temporary Order Picker - $10.00/hr
The primary duty of an Order Picker is to pick up orders and deliver them to the appropriate delivery platform for the benefit of customers.
- Overtime availability and flexibility
- Friendly, helpful, inviting environment
- Comprehensive personalized training program to help you succeed.
- Picks books from shelves into boxes or onto carts ensuring that the ISBNs, titles and quantities match the printed pick list.
- Insert bib slips if required.
- Complete metrics entries for each pick list using a scan gun in the AS400 metrics screen.
- Checks off each line item of pick list as they pick it and counts and totals each pick list to ensure accuracy.
- Makes proper notation on pick list if book is not in shelf location specified or completes a form for wrong title, damage or other problem and places it on the problem cart.
- Notifies warehouse team leader or supervisor of any issues. Places line accounts picked to boxes on moving conveyer or singles cart.
- Responsible for accuracy of orders picked.
- Responsible for maintaining an acceptable level of productivity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; frequently talk and hear; regularly lift/move up to 5 lbs, frequently lift/move up to 15 lbs, and may occasionally lift/move up to 25 lbs depending on the assignment; must regularly walk and move carts full of books; may occasionally stoop; and specific vision requirements include close vision for viewing PC/CRT monitor.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- High School graduate or GED.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Knowledge and understanding bibliographic information such as ISBNs and binding types.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information to manager and employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Concord Nearest Secondary Market:
Manchester Job Segment:
Warehouse, Mid-Range, HR, Manufacturing, Technology, Human Resources Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Contoocook, NH (US)