EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The mission of the EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) Product Management Analyst (PMA) is to act as the Product Owner (PO) for EDS database development projects. S/he will work in a highly collaborative environment with content and development teams to advance EBSCO’s position as the leading discovery provider worldwide. As PO, s/he will be responsible for executing EDS database projects, from concept and targeting to release. This includes defining requirements, product and linking setup, user acceptance testing (UAT), defect resolution, demoing to external partners, and release management. The EDS PMA then perpetually acts as the “owner” of a growing database portfolio that requires triaging and resolving Service Issues (SI), defining defects/enhancements that may arise, and assigning priorities to these problems based on market and customer data. S/he will be part of the Database Pipeline agile team that operates in constant collaboration with content acquisition, content design, database production, customer satisfaction, and QA teams.
60 Day Objectives Understands the goals, workflow, and operations of moving a new data partner product from data received through to release High level understanding of the function and roles of other departments who participate in the EDS value stream Use accepted business systems for tracking projects and services issues Knowledgeable on Agile methodology and team/database pipeline (DBP) value stream Scrum practices Release 10 database projects using proper workflow. At least 1 completely unassisted by team members. At least 1 new database At least 1 database conversion Triage 100% of SIs for database portfolio. At least 95% within 48hr of assignment
90 Day Objectives Collaborates with others in PM EDS team on planning, testing, and implementing continuous improvement strategies Manage internal and external communications for new and enhanced databases within portfolio Communicate effectively with publishers regarding the implementation of their content in EDS. In-depth level of understanding of the function and roles of other departments who participate in the EDS value stream. Ability to setup and lead meetings with other DBP teams to resolve blockers for owned projects
180 Day Objectives Conduct research online and in-house using independent judgment and initiative in order to answer research requests Provide prompt and accurate responses to content inquiries from customers and internal teams Lead at least 1 demonstration of a database to a provider partner Sufficient level of technical background to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate more complex project risks and issues
Role Based Competencies:
- Intelligence and Analytical Skills – thinks creatively. Understands and absorbs new information. Structures and processes qualitative and quantitative data and draws insightful conclusions. Probing mind leads to insight.
- Relationship Building / Communication: Builds strong relationships based on mutual professional respect. Can clearly articulate context and rationale behind recommendations, suggested courses of action and can listen to and resolve concerns in order to get to ‘win/win’ scenarios and get other ‘on board’
- Collaboration and continuous improvement – openness to ideas (best idea wins), willingness to change, encourage creativity across the team, listens to others and seeks their ideas, encourages teamwork, lead by example to drive the best idea forward.
- – passion and excitement over the work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Bias for action and work ethic – moves quickly, has a strong willingness to work hard and create urgency amongst the team, identifies and helps to eliminate blockers/challenges for the team, does whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Commit to Sustained Profit Growth
- Have a defined Vision and Operate with a Bias for Action
- Be Customer Focused and Sales Driven
- Understand that Change is Necessary
- Recognize that you can’t manage what you can’t measure
- Foster Creativity and Continuous Improvement
- Insist on Quality
- Do What You Say You Will Do
- Cultivate Passion
- Realize that Business is a Long-Run Game
- Improve the Foundation
- Be Humble
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree is Required
- 2+ years experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- 2+ years experience with interpersonal skills, as you will liaise with different departments such as technology groups, content management, marketing, sales, and customer satisfaction.
- 1+ years experience working with library technology
- 1+ years experience working with Agile teams
- 1+ year experience with Microsoft Access
- Master’s Degree in a related field
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Manager, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Database, Management, Operations, Marketing, Technology Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)