EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Medical Field Sales Rep - Eastern Canada
The Medical Field Sales Representative will sell EBSCO products to the biomedical accounts, this includes, but is not limited to, hospitals and medical schools. Additional accounts may be added or deleted as deemed necessary by EBSCO. This is a remote position and candidates can be located anywhere in Eastern Canada.
- Provide balanced sales coverage of accounts in your territory
- Work in conjunction with the VP of Medical Sales and the Director of Medical Sales and an Account Executive
- Achieve a $450,000 new sales quota each fiscal year for EBSCO products
- Have quotes prepared, literature sent, and coordinate with the Account Executive to set up trials when appropriate
- Travel: (50-70%); including attendance of conferences and sales meetings as deemed necessary by Sales Management
- Achieve an expert level of knowledge of EBSCO products and competition
- Provide input from the market for product development and marketing purposes
- Develop sales strategy for your region for overall sales of EBSCO Publishing products
- Average 40 face-to-face visits per month with prospects and/or customers
- Schedule an office day each Friday to accomplish the following tasks:
- Enter all your NetCRM visits, trainings, and opportunities for the week
- Complete all your expense reports for the week
- Respond to or file all emails in your Inbox
- Plan your future visits (including phone calls to customers & prospects) and update Outlook Calendar (which should be shared with inside reps)
- Study all PowerPoint’s appropriate to your market(s)
- Work on (i.e., practice/prepare) demonstrations appropriate to your markets
- Phone your Account Executive (inside sales representative) to review accounts
- Phone your manager to go through accounts, to discuss any outstanding issues and to confirm that you have completed items one through eight above
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- Two (2) years of true sales experience, previous experience selling into the medical field is preferred. Retail does not qualify
- Must be able to travel between 50-70%
- Must live within territory
- Bachelors Degree required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience selling into hospitals, doctors, or nurses preferred
- Understanding of computers and research. Experience with MS Office suite including PowerPoint
- Travel experience in current position preferred, demonstrated by ability to prioritize
- Must have proven communication, follow-up, and sales skills
- Must demonstrate strong initiative
- Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone, email, and in person.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle, subject to motor vehicle background check
Employee policies and benefits vary by location.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Job Segment:
Publishing Sales, Sales Rep, Field Sales, Inside Sales, Sales Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)