Description: The primary role of the Litigation Assistant is to support the health care litigation attorneys. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, the ability to anticipate support needs, technology savvy and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Assist busy litigators with organization of electronic and paper files, scheduling and calendaring.
- Transcribe dictation, and format and proofread documents.
- Prepare documents for production in discovery and filing in court, including formatting, labeling, Bates-stamping, redacting, indexing and e-filing.
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, scanning and faxing.
- Organize deposition and trial exhibits.
- Communicate with outside agencies such as court reporters, videographers, and conference facilities.
- Enter time and expenses and provide time and expense reports to attorneys.
- Attend Firm sponsored trainings to maintain required skill level and knowledge of software applications and other skills as requested.
- Provide backup support for other Administrative Assistants and Receptionist.
- Maintain Firm Docketing Calendar.
- 3 to 5 years of litigation or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification preferred
- High level of professionalism, dependability, adaptability, meticulousness, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, multitask and work under pressure.
- Project management certificate and familiarity with TrialPad and Trial Director preferred.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, the Federal e-filing system (PACER) and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience with document intensive cases or matters, e-discovery and strong proficiency working with databases.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation and formatting skills.
Location/Region: Concord, NH (US - 03301)