The Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst will provide financial business partnering support to the HR/Communications Public Affairs and CEO Office. This support will include monthly management reporting, the analysis of actual results and drivers of variances as well as the preparation of budgets, forecasts (LVs) and long range plan. In addition the role is to provide decision support and analytical support to the functions. The role offers an exciting opportunity for a detailed, intellectually curious, and analytical minded candidate with experience dealing with ambiguity. Key customers include G&A Finance Team and Functional Senior Leaders for HR, Communications & Public Affairs and Chief of Staff to the CEO.
- 50% of Time:
Finance business partner to the Corporate functions, providing day-to-day support and analysis for short-term and long term investment decisions. These functions include CEO Office, Human Resources and Corporate Communications & Public Affairs.
Supports the monthly and quarterly close for the above functions. This includes:
- 30% of Time
Supports the annual Budget, Extended Forecasts (ELVs) and Long Range Plan (LRP) processes for the Corporate functional areas including:
- Provide meaningful forward looking direction to the business
- Prepare detailed department budgets based on assumptions collected from budget owners
- Develop key scenarios and identify risks, uncertainties and work with business to develop potential mitigation plans
- Assisting in the preparation of the Budget and ELV presentations for the supporting leadership teams
- Inputting data in to Hyperion/SAP/JDE and reconciling output
- On occasion supports the Dynamic Budget process to update the annual Budget assumptions
- 20% of Time
Provides Finance support to other Corporate Functions areas as needed, including preparing monthly reporting, supporting the monthly close process and preparing forecast, budgets and long range plans
Support finance or business related projects. Examples include:
- Support integration related requests as needed
- Supporting tracking and reporting on financial Target objectives
- Automating and improving management reporting and budget processes to increase efficiencies
- Provide and implement a framework to drive fact-based decisions
- Develop financial models and sensitivity analyses
- Ad hoc analyses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or accounting minimum of three to five years of experience in an Accounting and Finance role is required
- Experience with management reporting, financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting is strongly required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including advanced Excel modeling skills and creating professional presentations is required.
- Experience with Hyperion or SAP/JDE tools is required
- Pharmaceutical experience is desired but not essential
Key Skills and Competencies
- Must be open and flexible to the changing environment
- Self-confidence, initiative and ability to work independently in order to meet deadlines
- Hyperion Financial Management / Hyperion Smartview / Essbase and SAP knowledge preferred.
- Should have a strong understanding of accounting and finance principles, financial modeling.
- Ensure high standards of accuracy and consistency of data, attention to detail and efficiency.
- Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all Shire employees. Shire expects all employees to embody the following:
- Be Positive
- Be Accountable
- Be Results Oriented
- Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others
Location/Region: Lexington, MA