- Project managing and coordinating inputs to enable the timely and accurate preparation of the quarterly Form 10-Qs and annual Form 10-K and related XBRL submissions to be filed with the SEC;
- Utilizing various software systems (Wdesk, HFM), and information from affiliate finance teams, to compile all necessary disclosure notes in the 10-Q and 10-K;
- Continuous process improvement in the preparation of the Form 10-Q/10-K process;
- Researching existing accounting policy, including acting as a key advisor on technical disclosure matters for SEC filings;
- Be responsible for companywide pension accounting and reporting
- Be responsible for certain ad-hoc analysis ongoing basis
- Ensuring internal controls are documented and operating to satisfy Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
% of Time
Job Function and Description
Project management of the Form 10-Q/10-K process (including XBRL)
Pension accounting and reporting and other ad hoc projects.
Prepare or review supporting schedules and documentation for SEC filings.
Coordination and review of financial information requests to local controllers and other stakeholders
Assessing existing 10-Q and 10-K processes in order to enhance these reporting cycles through continued improvement and development
SOX documentation and annual assessment process
Drive an agenda of continuous improvement throughout all areas of responsibility to ensure “best in class” performance.
Education and Experience Requirements
CPA with a strong financial reporting / technical accounting background;
- Experience with the preparation of SEC filings (10-Qs and 10-Ks) and xBRL
- Public accounting or multinational public company experience required
- Knowledge of the Biotech industry a plus
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience required
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline focused, committed team environment
- Ensure high standards of accuracy and consistency of data, attention to detail and completeness in work output
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Must have the ability to interact with peers as well as management throughout the Company. Building relationships will be a key success factor for this position.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and to deal effectively with a constantly changing environment including having the ability to effectively identify issues and resolving accordingly.
- Must be able to manage balance of tasks and work independently when needed
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Must be a proactive problem solver with the ability to think outside the box, arriving at creative and effective recommendations for improvements and enhancements in our processes.
- The job-holder will be required to prioritize their own work load, but within set reporting timetables. The job-holder will also be required to communicate and co-ordinate effectively with senior staff throughout the Company to ensure timely receipt of the inputs required for external reporting.
Internal and External Contacts
This position will interact with internal teams such as Global Business Services, Treasury, Tax, Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Counsel, and HR as well as various business units across the organization and other various employees embedded in the business and global finance teams. This position also will interact with internal and external auditors as well as other external contacts as needed.
Location/Region: Lexington, MA