EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Director of Product Management
The Director of Product Management for EBSCO Health is responsible for directing and conducting all aspects of product management and new product development for the medical reference and clinical point of care product lines, including the overall vision and objectives for the position in the market. He/She develops and maintains a long-term plan and strategy for product growth and success, across all phases of product management (opportunity prioritization, product realization, product maintenance, and product phase out).
The Director plays a critical “multi-lingual” role as a liaison to many constituents, both external (customers, 3rd party partners, etc.) and internal (customer satisfaction, editorial, engineering, marketing, project management office, sales, etc.) to create and maintain successful products in an agile product development environment. He/She works closely with Product Management leaders, other EBSCO departments, and directly with the Senior Vice President of Medical Product Management.
- Acts as leader and champion for new and existing product lines with key internal and external constituencies. Focuses on profitably meeting the needs of customers and end users.
- Effectively manages and leads a team of professionals within the Product Management group.
- Develops and implements strategies and plans for product lines managed. Works with team to develop and update Long Range Plans (LRPs).
- Creates features, light business cases, and implementation plans for new products following the EBSCO SAFe methodology
- Conceive, develop, test and present ideas that deliver the highest quality user experience in terms of innovation, simplicity and consistency.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, UX Strategist, User Research, Sales and Marketing and customers to help define detailed product requirements as prototypes, descriptions and detailed wireframes.
- Communicate and present the designs and design ideas to stakeholders and developers as visualizations in a clear, well-documented form.
- Further develop the designs and design materials in sufficient detail that they can be expressed as clear features suitable for implementation by software development teams.
- Work with developers to ensure the designs are implemented as intended and the integrity of the user experience is maintained in the final product.
- Continually incorporate feedback to improve the UI/X experience.
- Business analysis including but not limited to competitive landscape, pricing, usage metrics, market mapping, multi-product strategies, and acquisition and partnership evaluations.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
- Works with team to create product line P&L statements and monitor product line profitability.
- Stays up to date and knowledgeable about market dynamics and trends, competitors and competitive products. Develops understanding of customer and end user needs and integrates feedback into plans.
- Demonstrates the flexibility needed to adapt to new tasks and initiatives as they become evident and necessary, due to evolving and growing needs at EBSCO.
- Direct P&L management of a specific product line
- 6+ years of direct product ownership and development, with several years of management experience
- 5+ years of strong analytical capabilities, including competitive analysis, market assessment, etc.
- 3+ years of experience within the medical market, actively developing medical information products
- 3+ years of experience with software development lifecycle methodologies, specifically SAFe or Agile
- Involvement in 2 major customer research initiatives involving user research approaches and methodologies
- 2+ years of experience working directly with outside development and service vendors
- 2+ years of experience with SDLC software (e.g. Rally, Microsoft TFS, Jira, etc.)
- 2+ years of active presenting and experience developing and delivering dynamic presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (3 year minimum), including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- SEO experience a plus
- Solid understanding of current authentication methods, search technologies (and approaches)
- Data, analytics, usage, and telemetry experience and knowledge a plus
- Oversight of strategic long range plan process
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Manager, Engineer, Outside Sales, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Management, Engineering, Sales, Operations, Marketing Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)