EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities. Human Resources Business Partner
Are you an energetic, well rounded HR professional looking for an opportunity to make real change within an organization? EBSCO is currently looking to add a Human Resources Business Partner to our growing team. In this role you will be responsible providing a combination of strategic HR leadership and tactical support to business leaders and line managers to include innovative HR solutions and approaches with a focus on driving success and developing and delivering on our people agenda. The ideal candidate is able to make a significant impact and excels in a fast paced, engaged, high growth, results oriented environment managing both short and longer term goals effectively.
- Develops & implements effective HR initiatives and strategies including talent and performance management, workforce planning and communications.
- Supports the HR department in implementing and administering programs to help improve the employee experience. Assists in development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures.
- Proactively identifies and monitors top talent to ensure that the "right people" are in the "right positions" to support growth.
- Provides high-quality advice and service to management of all levels on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Acts as an employee advocate providing coaching and advisory services.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions, coaching and counseling managers and employees. Manages employee relations issues from beginning to end, including partnering with employees on performance improvement plans, investigating complaints, issuing performance warnings and managing separations.
- Solves problems, getting to the root cause of any issue. Completes analysis and is able to translate data into insight, builds dashboards and enables data driven decisions.
- Provides HR expertise on staffing strategies, acquisition of key talent and building a diverse workforce.
- Coordinates, oversees and implements projects as directed by the AVP HR.
- Champions innovation by seeking and calling out new opportunities.
- Contributes in the HR due-diligence of mergers and acquisitions, and manages any related onboarding activity.
- Genuine curiosity and passion for the business and HR.
- Courage to challenge and act as the conscience of the organization with high level of professionalism, integrity and discretion.
- High degree of emotional intelligence demonstrated through good judgment, intuition, self-awareness and awareness of others. Flexibility to adapt style and method based on what is needed.
- Influences others: able to leverage personal credibility and interpersonal skills to help others make better decisions and positively impact outcomes. Ability to establish strong relationships at all levels, using a consultative and customer centric focus. Asserts own position and ideas with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Subject matter expertise in the following: performance, talent management, organizational effectiveness and development, diversity and inclusion and change management.
- Problem solving: uses rigorous logic and method to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and is focused on best outcomes.
- Change orientation: works effectively in the face of ambiguity, maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations, acts as a change agent.
- Self-starter and comfortable at both an individual contributor level as well as supporting a wider team.
- Able to deal with complexity and react quickly within a constantly changing environment. Asserts a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- 7+ years HR generalist / business partner experience.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business/HR/OD or equivalent. PHR/SPHR preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in a role with responsibility of driving change and delivering on a people agenda.
- 4+ years of demonstrated project management skills with a solid track record of driving and implementing HR initiatives independently.
- Experience in Professional Services, Technology or Information Services with global remit preferred.
- Experince working within an Agile/Lean environment, Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprise (SAfE) preffered.
- Experience managing complex employee relations issues, investigating and reporting on complaints and managing terminations.
- Working knowledge of multi-state and international employment law.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization and be a strong contributing team member.
- Results orientation, creative problem solving, high quality decision making with a strong mindset for continuous improvement to meet or exceed expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with AAP, EEO and Compliance.
- Aptitude in problem-solving and ability to resolve conflicts.
- Desire to work as part of a team with a results driven approach.
- Proven ability to work within constraints as well as challenge the status quo.
- Develops professional network both internally and externally and has an ability to identify best practices for the function.
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO’s Talent Acquisition Team.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
HR, HR Generalist, Compliance, Employee Relations, M&A, Human Resources, Legal, Management Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)