EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The mission of the Data Integration Manager is to connect customers with content by engaging with the processes, systems, and team members that extract, transform, and load (ETL) partner content that fuels EBSCO’s diverse products. In addition to leading the Content Analysis & Design team, the Data Integration Manager will collaborate with other Content Management, Product Management, and Technology teams to advance initiatives that increase database velocity, reduce development overhead, and increase data integrity and discoverability for the benefit of EIS products/customers.
Within first six months: Support 6+ database designers responsible for facilitating the profiling/design/mapping/build of third-party and proprietary databases, as well as regular engagement with vendor partners. Support and/or drive 2+ improvement initiatives, including replacement of legacy data loaders and the multi-year effort to shift the EIS data processing pipeline from on-premises to AWS. Collaborate with Product Management, Technology and other stakeholders to provide thought leadership around modern AWS-based ETL, data modeling, data profiling/analysis, database design and data governance. Begin driving though leadership around data integration/master data management concepts, processes, and tools in collaboration with the Director, Data Governance & Enrichment
• BA or MA degree in data science, information science, library science, computer science or a related discipline.
• 6+ years’ experience in a data integration role
• 3+ years’ hands-on experience using data integration tools for ingesting, processing (cleaning, enriching, etc.), and loading high-volume data
• 3+ years’ of leadership/team management experience
• Practical knowledge of data integration principles, formats, and best practices/standards, and industry trends
• Familiarity working with multiple standard document formats including XML, HTML, and PDF
• Experience with AWS-based data integration tools
• Knowledge and experience in the information services industry
• Knowledge of academic publishing and/or library markets
- Subject Knowledge: Knowledge of best practices in cloud-based ETL/data integration and MDM, along with hands on experience in a velocity-driven culture; Experience with SnapLogic, Informatica or similar solutions strongly preferred
- Technical prowess: Able to quickly get to know our products, processes and business needs to a sufficient level to drive projects, improvements and product enhancements
- Strategic Thinking/Vision: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunity and risks through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Moves others to Action—Translates the vision into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to take actions that support the vision.
- Communication & Presentation: Communicates and presents ideas clearly and with confidence. Delivers presentations and status updates suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Team Player: Fosters a team based culture within the CAD team and across departments. Develops a supportive and helpful culture for assistance in projects and daily support interactions.
- Continuous Improvement: Continually focused on improving the responsiveness and quality of the solutions delivered.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits high energy, passion and intensity in completing work objectives.
- Operate with a bias for action
- Insist on quality
- Understand that change is necessary
- Foster Creativity and Continuous Improvement
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Database, Data Analyst, Data Management, CAD, Drafting, Technology, Data, Engineering Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)