EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Field Sales Representative is responsible for the direct sale of EBSCO products and services to libraries and any/all other viable accounts in the territory and markets assigned. The RSM works closely together with her/his Account Executive to identify new and up & cross sell opportunities. Both are also responsible for the renewal of the existing portfolio. This reports directly to the Sales Director of the region.
- Work with sales management to prepare and implement a sales plan for the assigned territory. This plan must be permanently updated to reflect the achievement of the sales goals and any change in the market
- Perform at least 20 personal contacts with customers/prospects per day. A personal contact is defined as either a face-to-face meeting or telephone conversation.
- Perform an average of at least 30 field calls per month (3-5 per day), a third of which should be to new prospects
- Create at least 20 new sales opportunities per month
- Record in NetCRM all the relevant information resulting from the sales calls and the consequent follow up
- Enter any/all relevant information related to sales in an EBSCO Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to ensure proper follow up and closure for each, individual, account.
- Attend designated conferences, meetings, trade shows or other events as assigned or needed to perpetuate sales.
- Serve as a visible spokesperson and expert.
- Identify, and report, Strengths, Weaknesses, Threats and Opportunities (SWOT) to the sale and success of EBSCO.
- Identify, and report, issues and all other information that positions EBSCO to grow the sale of business.
- Work closely with EBSCO management to effectively price.
- Provide input and review Requests for Information (RFI’s), Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) and tenders.
- Provide EBSCO colleagues and management competitive intelligence consistently and as warranted.
- Training of customers on EBSCOhost and EBSCOadmin as needed
- Troubleshoot customer issues, respond to technical questions from customers or forward appropriate questions, problems, issues to Technical Support, translating from Spanish/Portuguese to English as needed.
- Actively work with Marketing Department to design marketing materials
- Coordinate with EBSCO Information Services Regional Offices
- Achieve an expert level of EIS product knowledge and a working knowledge of the competition
- Participate in company meetings and/or trainings as mandated by management
- Submit all business-related expenses for reimbursement no less than twice per month.
- Complete 100% training courses assigned in EBSCO Learning Portal
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree from an accredited 4-year institution or the equivalent selling experience.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- 2+ years of experience with personal computing, tablets and other mobile devices to perform business functions which include: Email communications, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Must reside in Mexico City
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel consistently, and sufficiently, to achieve assigned sales projections or quotas.
- Must be comfortable, and confident, with public speaking and making presentations to audiences ranging in size from one to several hundred people.
- Must be goal orientated. On a regular basis define, and refine, goals related to the job and how it helps EBSCO to achieve its mission in writing.
- Competency in the use of the internet with the associated ability to effectually demonstrate EBSCO products and services.
- Achieve, or surpass, assigned sales projections or quotas.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Highly self-motivated with the proven ability to work independently.
- A background in library or information sales with actual sales experience in the assigned territory a huge PLUS+.
- Excellent verbal communication; Excellent written communication; Positive attitude & team player; Strong analytical abilities
EBSCO Information Services is a company headquartered in the United States and the personal information collected on its websites may be sent to, stored or processed in the United States, or to any other country in which EBSCO Information Services or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. While EBSCO Information Services is committed to providing your voluntarily disclosed employment application information with a reasonable level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. By using the EBSCO Information Services website and/or providing EBSCO Information Services with personal identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer and the collection and processing of such information in the United States. Job Segment:
Field Sales, Developer, Sales Rep, CRM, Sales, Technology Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)