EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
As the Senior Director of User Experience and Design, you will be tasked with leading the UX organization at EIS by producing and bringing to life best in class user experience and design for our suite of products alongside building a strong understanding and culture of design across EIS. This role requires an exceptionally strong customer focus, a mastery of current and best practice UX design, user research, as well as exemplary leadership, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Lead the UX Design and Research teams to evolve UX as a key functional discipline for EIS.
- Work with EIS senior leadership and across our business to help build a culture of UX and design excellence, setting a consistently high bar for execution and delivery of engaging experiences across our digital platforms.
- Contribute to EIS’s branding strategy, enhance and manage digital brand identity and associated guidelines to ensure a consistent application across multiple internal and external digital properties
- Provide customer-focused leadership by working closely with the business and technical teams to develop approaches, use cases, and high-level requirements that ensure alignment across our professional brands.
- Own the end-to-end design process of the team, ensuring on time, detailed, and polished deliverables.
- Provide full hands-on design work as needed, iteratively creating interaction flows, wireframes, visual, interactive prototypes, and detailed design specifications.
- Develop and build relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency across EIS.
- Ensure our web and mobile UX support measurable business requirements and goals.
- Use analytics, including product usage data, market analyses and customer research findings to drive design decisions. Incorporate data-driven insights to guide UX strategy.
- Collaborate effectively with agile, multi-disciplinary teams to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion great UX, even when faced with technical constraints.
- Work with the Product Management, Sales, Customer Service and Technology teams to appropriately assess and optimize the performance of new and existing product features.
- Identify, manage and work with external partners to provide advisory services when needed
- Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership to gain buy-in on proposed approaches.
- Hire, manage, mentor, and develop designers and researchers within and beyond your team.
- 8+ years of experience as a UX strategist, designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar.
- 5+ years as manager of digital design teams.
- Experience working with an iteration based, agile/lean development process such as SAFe (Scaled Agile).
- Proficiency and fluency in top UX/Design tools and platforms, i.e. Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Invision
- Good awareness and basic working knowledge of the latest front-end technologies.
- Demonstrate a portfolio of work with a proven track record for solving difficult UX design problems, including simplifying customer journeys into intuitive user experiences that support business strategies.
- Demonstrate a track record of directing, employing multiple research methods such as contextual inquiry, usability, analytics to gather insights, inform design, drive future innovation and validate approaches.
- Experience closely collaborating with technical teams and ensuring designs work within their development libraries and frameworks.
- Experience creating services and applications with multiple user touchpoints on different platforms and devices.
- Experience with large and complex data sets, content structures, ontologies, classification systems and taxonomies for superior User Experience through application design
- Experience as a leader of multi-disciplinary creative teams.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present business and design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders and especially to senior executives.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced environment.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with practical business needs and customer expectations.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Manager, Engineer, Developer, Product Manager, Branding, Management, Engineering, Technology, Operations, Marketing Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)