EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Senior User Interface and Experience Designer
The Senior User Interface and Experience (UI/UX) Designer for EBSCO Health will be responsible for creating and driving engaging digital experiences. The Sr. UI/UX Designer will serve as a cross-functional team member; working on information architecture, workflow, design, testing, and prototyping. This role will collaborate with representatives from multiple departments to understand goals of each project and drive the team to execute.
The successful candidate will present and discuss relevant work materials from their portfolio during the interview process. As part of the interview process the candidate will be asked to solve one or more design problems by developing and presenting a UI/UX design for a specific problem.
This role can be conducted from any of our locations in Ipswich or Boston, MA, or Durham, NC (with occasional travel to other offices)
- Conceive, develop, test and present ideas that deliver the highest quality user experience in terms of innovation, simplicity and consistency.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, UX Strategist, User Research and customers to help define detailed product requirements as prototypes, descriptions and detailed wireframes.
- Communicate and present the designs and design ideas to stakeholders and developers as visualizations in a clear, well-documented form.
- Further develop the designs and design materials in sufficient detail that they can be expressed as clear features suitable for implementation by software development teams.
- Work with developers to ensure the designs are implemented as intended and the integrity of the user experience is maintained in the final product.
- Continually incorporate feedback to improve the UI/X experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer building digital software products.
- Bachelors or Master degree in design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience.
- Must have an online portfolio with examples of user workflows, design mockups, and documentation reflecting the design thinking used to solve specific customer or business problems.
- Proficient with industry standard design and prototyping tools, as demonstrated by samples of prior work.
- 2+ years of experience working in tight collaboration with development, product, marketing and content teams.
- Commitment to improving processes and methods and maintaining a strong professional relationship with the UX design community, as demonstrated in a prior product or recommendation.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
User Experience, Testing, Senior Product Manager, Product Manager, Product Marketing, Technology, Operations, Marketing Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)