The Field Service Technician position requires travel from site to site for service and repair of commercial food processing, bakery and other miscellaneous equipment at supermarkets, restaurants and other food service establishments. Field Service Technicians are dispatched from central offices and are responsible for the care of company service vehicles, accurate inventory of parts, timely and accurant electronic service reports, and exceptional on-site customer service. Our field technicians are the first line of contact with many of our customers, and they are a key component in representing our company through expert service, team work, a positive attitude, and a strong desire to help out customers in need. We have a strong family of technicians and support staff throughout the entire east coast. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Daily travel to customer sites to evaluate and repair equipment
• Completing service reports, times sheets, and expense reports, etc.
• Performing periodic preventive maintenance inspections and procedures
• Interviewing store personnel to determine the need of service
• Instructing store personnel in proper operation techniques
• Responding to emergency breakdown calls whenever possible
• Participate in rotating on-call schedule
• High School Diploma, plus Post-Secondary Trade School for electrical, mechanical, and gas or equivalent experience
• Valid Drivers License must be insurable (no alcohol/drug related convictions, no excess moving violations, accidents, points or combination thereof).
• Good independent judgment, reliability, initiative, dependability
• Ability to work on roofs, scaffolds, and ladders at medium height (Approximately 30 ft.)
• Practice the proper use of hand tools, power tools and diagnostic instruments if necessary
• Well versed w/ email, internet searches and software
• Solid knowledge of OSHA regulations and guidelines
• Good verbal, writing, and reading skills including the ability to read, interpret, and apply manufacturer’s instructions
• Good communication skills to comply with store personnel, as well as the ability to prioritize demands, and make adjustments
• Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
• Willingness to occasionally travel overnight
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their résumé that includes an email address and phone number. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted.
Horizon Bradco is a leading food processing equipment distributor and service provider to major grocery store chains and select food processors. The Company has approximately 200 employees with headquarters in New York's Capital Region and offices in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Florida.
For a better understanding of the company, please visit our website at www.horizonbradco.com. To see all our current career opportunities, please visit www.horizonbradco.com/jobs.