Right Direction Financial Services, Inc. (a division of Merchants Automotive Group) is a regional indirect lender that offers installment loans to consumers.
The Credit and Collections Associate is responsible for collecting different types of delinquent accounts, as well as negotiating settlements and payment arrangements, utilizing skip tracing techniques to locate debtors, and reviewing accounts for collection litigation.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Posts address, charge, or payment data and checks accuracy of related input.
2. Types or prepares follow-up letters for customer accounts, notifications of change of address for collection agencies, and other documents.
3. Performs various clerical tasks as required, including logging and routing incoming mail, typing, reception duties, and preparation of outgoing mail.
4. Responds to telephone inquiries and assists in solving questions related to the status of customer accounts; documents status of collection efforts.
5. Reviews open accounts for collection and skip trace efforts
6. Settles accounts and collects payments in accordance with negotiated payment terms
7. Ensures strict confidentiality of financial records.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
9. Performs in-depth analysis, investigation and decision-making on retail credit applications based on the company risk policy and 4 C’s of credit, educates and communicates decisions to appropriate dealers and business clients.
10. Performs detailed verification and documentation for all applications that meet the approval criteria.
11. Provides superior customer service while building professional rapport with clients to sustain acceptable cashing ratios and a balanced portfolio mix.
12. Ensures compliance to all corporate standards, processes and procedures outlined in the Credit Policy Manual and set forth by management.
13. Assists clients and the funding department in any contract problems and funding issues that may occur
14. Thorough understanding of Federal and State legislation affecting the finance and insurance business preferred
15. Coordinates repossession of vehicles, prepares collection reports, bankruptcy filings, etc. Provides data to attorneys for accounts in bankruptcy or support for outside collection agencies.
16. Utilizes skip tracing techniques and software to locate debtor’s or businesses
17. Performs other assignments and duties as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Associates Degree
• Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with skip tracing tools and software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
• Reliable attendance; punctuality
• Working knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
Merchants Fleet Management is a B2B business specializing in corporate & government leasing and fleet management solutions, in existence for more than 50 years. The company has been nationally certified as a Great Place to Work [2016 and 2017] and named a 3-time winner of Best Company to Work For [2015, 2016 and 2017]. We believe that our culture is fundamental to our success.
Merchants gives leasing terms that fit the risk level of its clients and fleet management services that clients need to help their fleets function efficiently. With the power of TotalView, Merchants offers expanded capabilities to its clients by combining its strategic fleet management expertise with data-driven analytics.
The Merchants team provides tailored solutions for fleets of any size or budget through long-standing expertise and a broad range of services.
• Fleet Management Services
• Mobility Leasing Services
• Business Leasing Services