EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Senior Vice President of Human Resources
To develop and execute HR strategy in support of the business plan and strategic direction of EBSCO Information Services (EIS) specifically in the areas of talent management, change management, personnel performance management, succession planning, training, development and compensation. To deliver strategic value by analyzing, developing and executing HR strategy to position EIS as the employer of choice in collaboration with and accountability to the executive management team and Corporate Human Resources.
Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of EIS. Maintain knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understand the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinate the integration of all such programs.
- Through personal efforts and that of Corporate Human Resources staff, provide top-level Human Resources to EBSCO Information Services.
- Maintain a strong advocacy on behalf of EBSCO Information Services in the Corporate Human Resources road mapping and decision-making process.
- Manage the Corporate HR Ipswich staff through effective management by objectives process and holding employees accountable for their performance.
- Participate in the development of the EIS’ plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Partner with business unit leadership in the formation of business unit strategic planning, operational policies, practices, decisions, systems and priorities.
- Negotiate reasonable and achievable requirements with business unit leadership and uphold service level agreements.
- Strategize with business unit leadership regarding HR alignment with business unit and culture.
Manage other areas such as onboarding, relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health and community relations. Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Ipswich office of Corporate Human Resources. Continue improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization. Evaluation of the human resource division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) for individuals.
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation for all levels within the company.
- Develop programs to allow the corporation to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps.
- Develop succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions.
- Develop training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- In particular, manage the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the corporation.
- Coordinate the activities, programs and strategic HR plans of other HR departments throughout the corporation.
- Leadership: Creates an inspiring vision, sets the direction and then motivates and guides others to take actions that support the vision.
- Staff development: constantly and consistently pushes Corporate HR Ipswich Office staff to improve their skills, performance and value to the organization. Provides learning opportunities, formal and informal, in order to develop the staff.
- Strategic Thinking: Display of dexterity in making strategic and sound decisions in developing organizational goals
- Technical Capacity: Ability to use statistics, data, and leverage technology to enhance performance.
- Business Acumen: Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Communication & Presentation: Speaks, writes and presents clearly and articulately without being overly verbose. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication.
- Ethical Conduct: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility: Presents ideas or recommendations in a manner that clearly shows how they would meet the needs and interests of the company &/or individuals. Is an effective ambassador for Corporate Human Resources to EIS employees at all levels.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciates and leverages the capabilities, insights and ideas of all individuals. Works effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability and motivation.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- Business degree in human resources, business management or related field
- 7 years Corporate Human Resources experience
- 3 years Corporate Human Resources management experience
- Bachelor’s degree with major/emphasis in Human Resources or Organizational Development
- Master Degree in human resources, business management or related field
- 5+ years Corporate Human Resources management experience
- Experience working in company that operates using Lean Agile practices and methodologies
- Experience in talent management field
- Experience delivering and managing training efforts
- Software Industry experience
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Law, Business Development, Information Systems, Executive, HR, Legal, Sales, Technology, Management, Human Resources Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)