EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The mission of the DevOps Engineer for EBSCO’s Discovery & Research products is to build and maintain the Agile development environment, perform integrated end-to-end system testing, and provide performance testing solutions and environments that will ensure quality and facilitate rapid, reliable deployment of new features for a wide range of EBSCO products.
You will be responsible for enabling teams to continuously deliver software by providing quick feedback with respect to the capability and integrity of the evolving end-to-end solution. The products and services that you will help create provide access to academic, scientific, medical, and consumer resources that inform the world -- advancing research in traditional and emerging fields and transforming learning and education.
- Create and maintain continuous integration, automated build, automated testing, and automated deployment infrastructure.
- Provide dependable environments and platforms for all manners of testing in support of the Release Train or Value Stream.
- Integrate components and perform end-to-end solution testing.
- Contribute to the design of automated performance and scalability tests.
- Participate in Release planning, management, coordination, testing.
- Prepare for system and solution demonstrations.
- Assist teams in designing services for performance.
- Create, extend, and refactor automated test suites for the system.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between many Agile teams.
- Define and standardize automation best practices for the Agile application teams.
- Facilitate the relationships with third party service providers and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience designing, building, and testing complex software systems.
- 3+ years’ experience with one or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Python/C#/Java, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Microsoft PowerShell).
- 3+ years’ experience with one or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. IIS, Apache Tomcat, GlassFish, etc.).
- 3+ years working in the latest Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributions
- 2+ years working in OpenStack
- 3+ years’ experience performance testing large scale systems and services. Thorough understanding of tools (e.g. jMeter, LoadRunner, AppDynamics, etc.) and metrics used to measure and evaluate the performance of large scale web applications.
- Experience in information dashboard design and data visualization and correlation.
- Experience deploying applications in AWS, Google, or Azure.
- Familiarity with AWS services or infrastructure architecture.
- Hands on experience migrating services from private data centers into cloud environments.
- Advocate of unit testing, automation, and test-driven development.
- Proficient in system design & architecture.
- Experience with software build processes, repository management, and branching concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Engineer, Computer Science, System Administrator, Test Engineer, Software Engineer, Engineering, Technology Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)