EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Software Engineer who will become part of the EBSCO software development team. You will play an integral role on a team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, and delivery of EBSCO eBooks content storage ,retrieval and viewer products. Your work will contribute to the growth of EBSCO by helping in selling eBooks through its viewer and related services used by our customers.
Develop, maintain, extend software components and ensure reliable deployment of new features for a wide range of EBSCO products, especially focused on eBook products.
Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution
Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration
Contribute to technical design, and implementation/development of well-engineered solutions
Contribute to creation and implementation of test plans, test cases, and automated tests to ensure adequate coverage based on requirements
Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, test automation, security, delivery, maintainability, and culture
Contribute to the ongoing efforts to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to work on a project and as part of a team with sound technical and design skills
- Demonstrated communication and problem solving skills, including an ability to look forward and anticipate issues and assess risk
- Desire to contribute to efforts beyond the scope of the day-to-day project work
- Implements solutions and enhancements quickly and efficiently following EBSCO software development lifecycle processes and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other Information Technology related degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of professional development experience using C# or Java.
- 1-3 years of professional web development experience using .NET or Java Application Servers.
- 1-3 years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands on experience in RESTful Web Services, HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, SSL.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Automated Unit Testing with JUnit, NUnit, etc.
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD practices.
- Experience working on an agile team preferred.
- Some experience with Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy), API versioning and design approaches, tools, inter-operability, and SOA concepts.
- Familiarity with Microservices and microservice design patterns.
- Working knowledge of performance testing strategies and techniques.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Developer, Engineer, Computer Science, Software Engineer, Test Engineer, Technology, Engineering Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)