EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
EBSCO’s Corp IT team is looking for a new member for their Identity and Access Management team. This position, Sr. Active Directory Administrator, will support a Multi-Forest, internationally diverse Active Directory infrastructure serving a community of over 6000 employees and dozens of subsidiaries, providing world class service to our corporate enterprise customers. Primary responsibilities include maintaining Active Directory infrastructure, Domain Controllers and Supporting Services, instituting improvements, managing authentication and access requests, implementing new Group Policy and address changes to existing GPSs, managing Domain based DNS services, assisting with DHCP service support, and enforcing company policies. This position works to ensure that the Active Directory resources and services run within the IAM Team are properly maintained, fully patched, monitored for performance and uptime, are secure and reliable. In addition, the Sr. Active Directory Engineer helps implement new and participate in existing projects as needed; responds to escalated Service Desk or other team requests and incidents; supports IAM team members, maintains acceptable performance on the Domain Controllers and Services; and troubleshoots issues with Active Directory objects, replication, and services.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Active Directory Design
- Active Directory Replication
- Active Directory Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Group Policy Design and Structure
- Group Policy Management and Troubleshooting
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Single Sign On and Federation (SAML, OAuth, Security Tokens, Web Services)
- DNS Server Management
- DNS Zone Design
- DNS Server Troubleshooting
- DHCP Server Design and Maintenance
- Enterprise PKI Active Directory Certificate Server Design and Maintenance
- Privileged Access Management and Access Control
- Understanding of Agile principles and methodologies
- Responding to on call alerts and outages, with potential for limited off hours support if critical
- 2-3 years’ experience managing Active Directory in a large (5000+) user environment
- 2-3 years’ experience managing DHCP servers in a large (300+ subnet) environment
- 2-3 years’ experience managing DNS servers in a large environment
- 2-3 years’ experience managing a PKI infrastructure such as Active Directory Certificate Services
- 2-3 years’ experience managing and designing Group Policy in a large (100+ policy) environment
- 3+ years of experience working with Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 Server in mixed environments
- 2+ years of experience working with Windows 2012 and 2012 R2 Server in mixed environments
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory database maintenance, object backup and restore, disaster recovery and troubleshooting
- In depth knowledge of multi-forest management within Active Directory, One-Way, Two-Way Trust relationships
- In depth knowledge of Domain Consolidation and Domain Migration
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory re-structuring and object migration
- In depth knowledge of Group Policy design, management and troubleshooting
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory replication topologies including Sites, Site-Links, and Bridgehead Servers
- In depth knowledge of DNS Server management including DNS zone migration, design, and configuration
- In depth knowledge of DHCP Server management and IP address
- Experience with Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2012 or Microsoft Identity Manager 2016
- Experience with Cloud based identity as a Service providers (Ping, Okta, Azure)
- Experience with Multi-Factor technologies
Skills and Competencies:
- Creating and configuring the logical and physical Active Directory structures.
- Creating and configuring Active Directory sites and site-links
- Creating and managing role-based access controls
- Creating and designing Active Directory group infrastructure for access control
- Creating and configuring DHCP Scopes, Options, and Registrations
- Configuring DNS Server settings
- Configuring applications for LDAP or SAML integration
- Analyzing existing services with a bias for continuous improvement.
- Analyzing existing performance trends and recommending adjustments or changes
- Analyzing audit and security information
- Implementing software patches, security fixes, and tests and validates modified system configurations
- Ensuring compliance with standards for systems software and documentation
- Monitoring system reliability and availability.
- Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals; author design documents with the assistance of a project leader; work well within small and large team environments; and analyze problems and resolve issues with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Birmingham Job Segment:
Manufacturing Engineer, Real Estate, Service Desk, Engineer, Database, Engineering, Customer Service, Sales, Technology Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)