Patriot Urgent Care Professionals PC, dba AFC Urgent Care Waltham| Bedford |Burlington |Stoneham
This position is primarily responsible for assisting in examination and treatment of patients under
direction of the Physician by performing the following duties. in our four urgent care clinics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to do this job. The below is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities and duties.
- Arrive each day prepared to work at your appointed time
- Be prepared to leave at the end of the day only after patient care and clinical and administrative duties are completed.
- Attend staff meetings and offer suggestions. Listen to others with an open mind.
- Offer to help during down time.
- Greet and register patients.
- Handle front administrative tasks.
- Ensure cleanliness of patient waiting area and front office area.
- Perform all required triage duties (vitals, height/weight, etc.)
- Direct patients to available examination rooms.
- Ensure rooms are set up based on patients’ initial complaints.
- Collect biological specimens and perform testing when requested.
- Ensure each room is cleaned after each patient encounter.
- Assist Physician with patient care when requested.
- Administer medications under a doctor's supervision.
- Replenish supplies in the exam rooms.
- Ensure patient flow is speedy and organized.
- Discharge patients from room with instructions.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure,
- weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic
- tests or calls medical facility to schedule patients for tests.
- Gives injections or treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests.
- Schedules appointments, receives money for bills, keeps x-ray and other medical records,
- performs secretarial tasks, and completes insurance forms.
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
Keeps billing records, enters financial transactions into bookkeeping ledgers, and computes and
mails monthly statements to patients.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree/Certification preferred or cumulative experience
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Current CPR certification
- Understanding of the concepts of universal precautions, HIPAA and OSHA
- Team player who is equally comfortable working independently
- Warm, friendly attitude with excellent patient interaction skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, adaptable in different situations, possesses
- Excellent client interaction skills and able to multi-task
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability
to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished
in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office and
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously,
- meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail oriented while maintaining an extremely positive attitude.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Team player with a "can do" attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers
Must be able to work outside of regular business hours which may include evenings and
weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Travels as necessary to meet operational needs.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human
injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug
properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Patriot Urgent Care Professionals, PC is committed to providing equal opportunities. It is
our policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated equally
without regard to age, race, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status.