EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The mission of the LTS Account Support Specialist is to provide technical service support to customers, departmental and company personnel, to ensure that customers’ needs and requirements for the supply of MARC records and other services are interpreted and implemented accurately. The LTS Account Support Specialist works to determine feasible and satisfactory account specifications, and to ensure a high-quality experience for customers who are configuring new or significantly changing Technical Services accounts.
- Works with customers, GOBI Customer Service, GOBI/EIS Sales and the appropriate GOBI business units as needed to design, refine and implement new or revised technical services for customers.
- Develops, documents, and maintains customer profiles, including histories, for GOBI library technical services.
- Evaluates the quality of customer experience for new and existing accounts and provides timely feedback to Technical Service management, who will work with GOBI/EIS Sales and Customer Service to plan accordingly.
- Establishes vital working relationships with GOBI/EIS sales to explore and work in a constructive team approach to strategically increase GOBI technical service revenue with an emphasis on customers not currently receiving technical services.
- Supports the customer bid/RFP process by reviewing tenders and ensuring GOBI’s compliance with customer requirements and, as necessary, provides language to describe services or custom options.
- Drafts and revises technical service documentation and procedures according to established procedural guidelines.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides input for the establishment of system policies and procedures, standards and schedules.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science required or 2+ years of library experience, preferably in a technical services environment.
- 2+ years working in a direct customer contact role.
- 2+ years of MS Office, Outlook, and Explorer experience.
- 1+ years of cataloging standards and best practices experience.
- 2+ years Library of Congress classification system experience.
- 2+ years of the Dewey Decimal classification system.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, push book carts and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally walk and lift/move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision requirements include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Experience with academic library technical services operations.
- Proficiency in applying academic library standards and best practices.
- Experience working in a sales role.
- Knowledge of ethical sales practices, pricing models and fairness in competitive practices.
- Sufficient knowledge of cataloging standards and best practices.
- Sufficient computer competencies, including Microsoft productivity applications and Web browsers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with company departments, with professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Experience coordinating, supervising or reviewing the work of others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in individual and group settings.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Highly developed organizational skills to keep information accessible and work systematically and efficiently.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize to work effectively both independently and/or in a cooperative, team environment.
- Ability to multitask and demonstrate flexibility in dealing with changing priorities with frequent interruptions, distractions, and fluctuating workloads.
- Ability to use sound judgment, analyze disparate information, evaluate complex and ambiguous situations and recommend solutions.
- Ability to lead teams, commit to meeting agreed-upon goals and objectives, and support managerial decisions.
- Ability to formulates new and imaginative solutions that reflect careful consideration of customer and departmental needs and goals and to recognize and act upon opportunities to improve services and operations.
- Ability to uphold the company image, and serve as a company spokesperson.
- Ability to absorb broad knowledge of the functions of the company and the department.
- Ability to develop an authoritative understanding of and compliance with the department’s service standards.
- Ability to develop understanding and support the goals and values of EBSCO Information Services; models and actively communicates them effectively.
- Ability to master job duties, requiring no follow-up; infrequently consults documentation; serves as a resource to other members of the work team.
- Exhibits focused attention to detail for prolonged periods.
- Possess a working knowledge of editing tools such as Microsoft Word, and preferably MARC editing programs.
- Flexibility with multi-tasking and shifting priorities throughout the workday.
- Work efficiently and keep work organized.
- Proficient in end-user computer technologies.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgment
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Concord Nearest Secondary Market:
Manchester Job Segment:
Supply, Compliance, Pre-Sales, RFP, Operations, Legal, Sales Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Contoocook, NH (US)