EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
EBSCO is looking for an Agile Coach to join the team here at our Ipswich, MA campus. This role is responsible for coaching, mentoring, and teaching agile delivery teams, program teams, managers, stakeholders and other leaders with the overall goal of organizational transformation to agility. To great success, EBSCO is utilizing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as the basis for our transformation and our Agile coaches are comfortable working within the framework. The Agile Coach is an expert in Lean-Agile practices and one or more knowledge domains (i.e. technical, business, transformation) while having skill in facilitation, mentoring, training and professional coaching. The Agile Coach’s purview is multi-team and looking out toward the wider organization. The Agile Coach should be comfortable working at all levels to help the organization use Agile as a strategic asset of culture change and business value generation. What you’ll do
- Work directly with ScrumMasters, Product Owners, and Agile software development team members and coach them in the adoption of Lean-Agile principles and practices with the goal of developing a consistently high-performing team
- Utilize professional coaching techniques (e.g. powerful questions) to develop in others a deep capability to think critically, apply Lean-Agile principles, make decisions based upon that thinking, and take action
- Teach Lean-Agile principles and practices, SAFe specific material, and soft skills workshops to classes of various sizes.
- Engage with Agile Release Train Program Teams to identify areas where coaching support is needed and be able to provide that support in a timely and effective manner
- Identify opportunities to improve team dynamics, enjoyment, and performance in an environment of collaboration and innovation. Cultivate a problem-solving mindset and facilitate others in finding and solving the root cause of problems.
- Travel as necessary, but less than 20% of time, to various EBSCO offices to support teams or provide training.
Who you are
- Agile champion
- Fun and enthusiastic
- Values collaboration and innovation
- Demonstrates self-awareness and humility
- Views challenges as opportunities
- Continuous learner
- Moves smoothly between the roles of Facilitator, Mentor, Teacher, Coach
- Models the Agile principles and practices you coach
Skills or experience that you need
2+ years’ experience:
Skills or experience that set you apart
- Implementing Lean/Agile/Continuous improvement programs across diverse organizations
- Training others on Lean/Agile/Continuous improvement principles, practices, tools, and frameworks.
- As a ScrumMaster (or equivalent) who has worked with one or more Agile software development teams
- Previous experience as an Agile Coach who has worked with multiple Agile software development teams
- Excellent ability to coach teams facing tough challenges e.g. related to how they work and interact together
- Facilitate learning through workshops, meetings, and team gatherings
- Able to prepare and deliver effective presentations and training for people with diverse backgrounds and education levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Agile Coaching Certification(s)
- SAFe certification(s)
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)