Assembly Packaging - Meat Production
- Entry Level and Experienced
- Full-time and Part-time
Our Assembly Team is responsible for creating and maintaining an exceptional experience for each Dole & Bailey customer. Applicants for this position are responsible for performing in the packaging operation in accordance with product packaging and labeling specifications and working any station or line that is assigned. Must have proven attention to detail and positive attitude in support of Dole & Bailey’s mission for excellence and committed to following all USDA, HACCP and GMP guidelines and regulations. Utilizing ISO continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Pack meat products to order, per the displayed order tag.
- Building boxes and palletizing.
- Assist in maintaining product integrity following company GMP’s.
- Assist with cleaning and maintenance of work area.
- Develop a working knowledge of all production areas and order processing.
- Comply and follow company food safety and workplace safety policies.
- Identify various product forms by sight.
- Sorting products for packaging and filling machines.
- Monitor production order fill rate and packaging line efficiencies,
- Replenishing packaging materials as needed, inspect in-process packaging to ensure consistent quality.
- Removing defective products and packaging material in the process, segregate finished packaged items from machine that conform to specification and separate rejected items,
- Conducting inventory count on finished and rejected packaged items
- Monitoring packaging and filling operations to ensure quality and conformity of packaged products is within standards.
- Making adjustments to machines and equipment for smooth operations and make certain that the pre-op inspection is complete before start-up.
- Monitoring the packaging production line to forestall potential bottlenecks, pile-ups, jams or labels in the wrong location and set up and change over machines for product run.
- Ensuring proper code date in labeling
- Reporting any mechanical problems to appropriate Supervisor
- Reporting any product/packaging issues i.e. damaged boxes, bags, seals, labels etc.
- Maintaining communication with management notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensuring all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing ISO continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required in designated areas
- Responsible for food safety, prerequisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Be flexible and assist in other areas of production as needed/requested.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to: Stand, walk, and push or pull a majority of the day.
- Work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Work effectively work in a team environment.
- Read, write, and speak English
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks) and possess effective verbal and written communication skills
DB offers a robust benefit package for full time employees including:
- Retail purchase program offering a wide variety of our products at reduced cost
- Medical Insurance ( Blue Cross Blue Shield). Dental and Life Insurance
- Paid time off including Holidays and paid Vacation
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Four day work week: Monday through Thursday
- D&B actively promotes from within providing opportunity for career growth.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- ISO 9001 training
- LEAN Training
EASY Commute - Our shop is located right out of Woburn Center and close to Rt 93 and Rt 128/95
This is a 1st shift position, typically starting at 8:00 am
Dole & Bailey is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Dole & Bailey has been a part of the North East's agricultural heritage for five generations, making us one of the nations oldest family-owned and operated Food Hubs. High on the columns of Boston's historic Faneuil Hall, you can still read the Dole & Bailey name - a reminder of our roots and place in New Englands rich history of food and farming.