EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Customer Service Account Manager is primarily responsible for assigned library customers in the DACH territories (German speaking), BENELUX and Eastern Europe, providing a full range of support services, responding to written and telephone enquiries, researching and resolving any problems, and communicating all our capabilities. The successful candidate will act as the primary point of contact for all customers and respond to enquiries about all services, including orders, approval processes, print and digital products.
- Serve as primary service contact by email and phone for assigned group of customers.
- Communicate information regarding customer account to Sales, Collection Development, Marketing, Operations, and other relevant departments as necessary.
- Interact with other departments to solve problems and to prevent customer errors.
- Respond to all customer requests quickly, accurately and thoroughly in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Troubleshoot digital and print acquisition issues and related technical services such as cataloging records and electronic invoicing.
- Record and monitor customer activity in CRM database
- Provide GOBI training to customers as needed via phone or webinar, and educate customers about GOBI Library Solutions services.
Skills & Experience:
- Able to communicate fluently with customers in German, other languages will also be advantageous.
- Previous experience in a customer service role with an exceptional customer service ethos and positive attitude.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills, able to communicate concisely by telephone and email. Presentation experience also desirable.
- Ability to prioritise and work independently and/or as part of a team
- Ability to spend most of the day working at a PC.
- Ability to pick up bespoke systems with minimal training. There will be a large amount of interaction using CRM application and ERP mainframe.
- Knowledge and understanding of library classifications (LC, Dewey, and NLM).
- Knowledge and understanding of digital content.
- BA/BS degree qualification or equivalent library/vendor knowledge preferred.MLS (Master of Library Science) degree is desirable, but not necessary.
- Experience or knowledge of book/library trade.
EBSCO Information Services is a company headquartered in the United States and the personal information collected on its websites may be sent to, stored or processed in the United States, or to any other country in which EBSCO Information Services or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. While EBSCO Information Services is committed to providing your voluntarily disclosed employment application information with a reasonable level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. By using the EBSCO Information Services website and/or providing EBSCO Information Services with personal identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer and the collection and processing of such information in the United States. Job Segment:
Account Manager, Service Manager, Mainframe, Sales, Customer Service, Bilingual, Technology Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)