Fiberoptic Components, LLC is a leader in the design and manufacture of fiber optic cables and sub-assemblies. Continuing growth within medical device markets have provided us with an opening within our engineering department.
As a certified ISO9001:2015 and ISO13485:2003 supplier, our mission is to be responsive to our OEM customers by providing the highest quality, innovative design, and custom manufacturing techniques using lean manufacturing solutions. Our engineering expertise spans a wide variety of fiber optic cable types, including borosilicate, quartz, and plastic fiber utilizing a wide variety of sheathing types with custom and standard type distal /proximal adaptors, working with illumination and laser based applications.
Title: Project Engineer (45+ hour/week salary position)
Project Engineer reports to the OEM Product Development Engineering Manager.
The Project Engineer is responsible to direct, coordinate, define, document, execute, and control activities required to complete specific projects ensuring that company goals and commitments are achieved.
The responsibilities of a Project Engineer may include any or all of the following:
- Primary contact with customers during development of new products
- Oversee the product development process ensuring that the company processes are followed and customer requirements and regulatory requirements are met
- Plan, track, and constantly communicate project timelines
- Schedule and facilitate regular meetings with cross functional individuals to conduct design reviews during the product development project stage
- Clearly document design reviews and organize information related to the project
- Review and / or generate documentation required to manufacture new products
- Identifying suppliers for new materials required to produce new designs prior to purchasing involvement
- Lead team to perform PFMEA relating to product design
- Identification and design of tooling
- Identification and sourcing of equipment required to produce new designs
- Identification and sourcing of equipment required to improve efficiency in producing existing designs
- Write equipment qualification and validation protocols and reports
- Schedule and facilitate regular meetings with cross functional individuals to conduct design reviews during the process development project stage
- Lead team to perform PFMEA relating to production process
- Write process qualification and validation protocols and reports
- Lead process development implementation
- Train both technical and production assemblers
- Schedule and facilitate close out meeting upon transfer of design to production
- Lead cross functional team to conduct line audits to verify processes are accurately written and followed by production personnel
- Review and / or generate documentation required during the engineering change process for existing products
- Participate in ISO related activities such as audits and resolving non-conformances and corrective actions
- Participate and / or lead Lean activities
The position of a Project Engineer requires:
- Technical education and ability to understand and design optical/mechanical assemblies, minimum 4 years experience
- Experience in the engineering disciplines required to manufacture of fiber optic products
- Broad knowledge of materials used to produce fiber optic products
- Strong understanding of medical device requirements
- Regulatory knowledge for medical devices
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to customers and vendors
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Expertise in SolidWorks
- Proficient using all Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Access
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- A Photonics background would be considered a stron plus
To find out more about our company, visit our website at: www.lightguides.com
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, paid vacation time, PTO, and 401(K) plan. Please submit resume with salary requirements
Since its founding in 1989, Fiberoptic Components LLC has grown into one of the world's leading manufacturers of OEM fiber optic light guides, cables and subassemblies. We believe this is the result of a continuous commitment to improve product quality and customer service. We are sole source supplier to some of the largest and most reputable surgical instrument, medical device and industrial automation companies in the world. We understand that our customers operate in a highly cost-competitive environment, and that our own manufacturing processes must be responsive to those cost pressures and therefore, are committed to lean manufacturing and continuous improvement programs.
At the core of our success are our employees or partners. The company's history of significant growth has contributed to a stable and positive work environment. We pride ourselves on our long employee tenure which has been the basis to establishing and maintaining our highly skilled and experienced workforce. Our key technical and operations team has decades of collective experience in fiber optic illumination.