EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that seeks to motivate, to inspire, and to provide growth opportunities to its employees. If you are looking to join a team like ours, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Reporting to the Head of Operations you will be responsible for managing the UK and European based Customer Services Account Managers, for developing and implementing customer service policy for the UK and European customers, for finding ways to improve and measure customer satisfaction, for managing the Customer Order Quotation and Bid Pricing Service, for managing the day-to-day activities of the Purchasing Team in support of customers’ orders.
- Managing a team of Customer Service Account Managers supporting customers in UK, Europe, and Africa as well as coordinating activity with Customer Support teams based around Europe.
- Monitoring and prioritizing workloads, maintaining and reporting on analytics of performance.
- Managing own assigned group of customers serving as the primary service contact by phone and by email.
- Managing the price quote and bid pricing workflows
- Managing the day-to-day task of the Purchasing Team.
- Promoting the EBSCO/GOBI Library Solutions offer and resolving any service to the customers’ satisfaction.
Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree qualification or equivalent library, book trade or customer service experience desired.
- A high level of written and oral skills, able to communicate concisely by telephone and email, and do presentations.
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Able to speak one or more European language would be desirable.
Role is Office Based and Located at the EBSCO/GOBI Offices in Didcot Oxfordshire.
Starting Salary: Competitive salary, plus benefits Job Segment:
Operations Manager, Manager, Operations, Management, Customer Service Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)