We’re a dynamic, growing company seeking a Biotech Patent Technical Specialist to join our team! Because the work is very detailed, we look for people who are creative critical thinkers who excel at problem solving. We also want friendly, smart, proactive and technical-minded characters.
· Review technical patent applications and associated disclosures for Sequence Listing compliance
· Prepare valid Sequence Listings and accompanying amendments to comply with WIPO ST.25
· Communicate with clients regarding various technical issues
· Oversee personal docket and related metrics
· Contribute to various marketing endeavors such as blogging, tweeting, writing articles, etc.
A strong technical mind paired with seasoned problem-solving skills will allow someone to grow quickly in our company. We are interested in anyone with previous patent experience in the life sciences – bonus if the candidate is familiar with patent searching, though it is not required. As the Biotech Patent Technical Specialist is a client-facing position, the ability to communicate well is imperative. Feedback from the team indicates the following skills are most valuable:
· Solid computer skills – experience with Excel, XML and text editing programs is a major plus
· Attention to detail is imperative
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
· Ability to prioritize and multitask to succeed in a fast-paced environment and meet strict client deadlines
· Strong personal and group managerial skills
· Familiarity with recently adopted WIPO ST.26 is a bonus
· An undergraduate degree in biology/biochemistry/chemistry/life sciences or library science
· An advanced degree is a plus, but a J.D. or patent registration number is not necessary
Commensurate with Experience
Harbor Consulting IP Services, Inc. is recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies by Inc. 5000. We just recently moved to a cool space, blocks from downtown Portsmouth and steps from the water where we unwind and relax throughout the day. Aside from our teamwork mentality, we’re the leading outsource provider to law professionals for meeting worldwide Sequence Listing compliance requirements. HCIP also offers sequence, full text, and chemical structure Search services.
We're growing at a rapid pace and are looking for someone who is self-motivated, reliable and has a professional demeanor to join our team! For further information, please go to www.seqidno.com.