Support the needs of the Service Department by performing a variety of technical field assignments involving the installation, modification, test or repair of industrial automation equipment. The JR field service technician provides customers with valuable insight and recommendations for repair or improvement of their manufacturing equipment.
(This description is not all inclusive, other duties may be assigned):
- Perform field service operations that may involve unusual problems requiring technical skills.
- Conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of equipment and procedures.
- Record, compile and reduce data for analysis and assist in related assessment and preparation of reports.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment, applying acquired knowledge and experience to resolve problems.
- Recommend changes to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct detailed inventories and inspections to determine necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Often work non-standard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions.
- Specify system components or products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
· Adhere to all workplace safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
· Provide feedback and recommendations to improve automation products.
· Typical work schedule will be local at customer sites in Leominster, MA 80%, non-local (US & international) 10%, and 10% at the home office in Portsmouth, NH.
· Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
· Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
· Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
· Problem Resolution - Resolve the problem by review with Service Technicians and Customer representatives
· Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
· Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
· Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Strong organizational skills.
· Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
· Problem Solving - Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Science - Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
· Computer & Software –Microsoft Office and PC systems (Windows)
· Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Competency – Applying knowledge and experience relevant to core major.
· General office and manufacturing environment.
Reasonable accommodations will be considered which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of the job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
· Frequently is required to sit for long periods of time.
· The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
· Climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
☒ Full Time ☐ Part Time ☐Temporary
☒ Monday ☒Tuesday ☒Wednesday ☒Thursday ☒Friday
☐Saturday ☐Sunday OCCASIONAL WEEKENDS REQUIRED
· Up to 80% in local area Leominster, MA , 10% out of local area
Required Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma and 3+ years of relevant experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Technical courses
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, veteran status, genetics, gender identity, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
· Diversified duties involving knowledge of a restricted field, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures and the exercise of judgment in the analysis of facts or circumstances surrounding individual problems.
· Referred to supervision for guidance in determining what action should be taken, within the limits of standard practice.
ENTAKT is a complete service solutions company comprised of professionally trained service technicians and customer service professionals. Supporting various manufacturing industries and equipment manufacturers, our no-nonsense approach allows us to provide prompt and accurate responses to our customers.